WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

Horror hits this year,

Movie Budget  Dom  (Studio)

IT       35        340+  (WB)

GO       5        175     (Uni)

Split     9        138     (Uni)

A:C     15       102+   (WB)

64       755+

Imagine if a movie with a prod-budget of 64 did 755+ dom :lol:

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

I have never seen a more venomous audience reaction than at my showing of mother! tonight. This guy and his wife walked out following one of the more...shocking...moments in the movie yelling "let's get out of here, this is fucking ridiculous" (to the laughter of the audience), as did a whole group of four, and some dude yelled "this movie fucking sucked" when the lights ended. It's going to die very fast starting Monday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

increasingly getting a feeling i will like mother!.

question: so what's making people walk out? is it gory? people can stomach Saw movies but not Mother?

don't answer if spoilery, don't wanna get anyone unintentionally banned ;)

• Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

question: so what's making people walk out? is it gory? people can stomach Saw movies but not Mother?

Without getting into spoilers, all I'll say is it's the most batshit crazy movie I've ever seen from a Big 6 studio. I'd love to hear how the meeting of Aronofsky convincing Paramount to agree in funding this went down.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

:sparta:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Without getting into spoilers, all I'll say is it's the most batshit crazy movie I've ever seen from a Big 6 studio. I'd love to hear how the meeting of Aronofsky convincing Paramount to agree in funding this went down.

hmm...intriguing.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

:sparta:

:rofl:

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I have never seen a more venomous audience reaction than at my showing of mother! tonight. This guy and his wife walked out following one of the more...shocking...moments in the movie yelling "let's get out of here, this is fucking ridiculous" (to the laughter of the audience), as did a whole group of four, and some dude yelled "this movie fucking sucked" when the lights ended. It's going to die very fast starting Monday.

i was tempted to yell "shut the fuck up" to some people whispering at my Friday early bird showing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Think of A Serbian Film but with a lot of metaphors. 

• Like 1

Deadpool and American Sniper had 2nd weekend IMs around 3.5 while Maze Runner, Equalizer and Magnificent 7 had closer to 3.35

Not sure if the little league september movies are better comps or if the big league rated R non-september ones are.  Not that it's a huge difference, but could mean 64m vs 68m.