WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This reminds me of one of my favorite Amazon reviews

"If you decide to buy this CD, wait patiently by the mail box till it arrives. Upon arrival, quickly open the box, then pull the security tape from the jewel case. Open the jewel case and place the CD in one hand. Break the CD in half, then slit your wrists with the remaining shards. As you begin to die look at your reflection in the mirror-like surface of the broken CD, and ask your self what you were thinking when you ordered this CD!"

hahaha that's great. 

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Also Jennifer Lawrence was fine in mother! 

it wasn't her or any of the other actors actually. It was the film itself. 

Yep.

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

:sadben:

I am on point 97% of the time for your information.

-_-

You forgot the decimal :sparta: 

Just now, Blankments said:

Just saw Hitman's Bodyguard. More importantly, I saw a woman with two kids under the age of 12 buy tickets to the new J-Law movie.

oh, mother!

They'll leave about [REDACTED] minutes into the film when [REDACTED] happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

lmao, Armond White's mother! review reads like a Futurist post. He can't even get the character names right :rofl: 

His review is a mess.   It starts with a nonsensical sentence and devolves from there

After destroying the prelapsarian world in Noah, indie director Darren Aronofsky has returned to his formula.

If the world was prelapsarian there wouldn't have been a flood... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This reminds me of one of my favorite Amazon reviews

"If you decide to buy this CD, wait patiently by the mail box till it arrives. Upon arrival, quickly open the box, then pull the security tape from the jewel case. Open the jewel case and place the CD in one hand. Break the CD in half, then slit your wrists with the remaining shards. As you begin to die look at your reflection in the mirror-like surface of the broken CD, and ask your self what you were thinking when you ordered this CD!"

I gotta ask though, what was the CD? I have multiple options running in my head lol

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Just saw Hitman's Bodyguard. More importantly, I saw a woman with two kids under the age of 12 buy tickets to the new J-Law movie.

oh, mother!

People are really, really stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You forgot the decimal :sparta: 

They'll leave about [REDACTED] minutes into the film when [REDACTED] happens.

You'd be surprised what parents let their kids see these days. I was expecting the few parents who brought their kids to Sausage Party to

walk out at some point but nope stayed

through the whole thing. And I mean the whole thing. 

huh, I wonder why they changed the posted for Mother on RT to Javiar instead of Jennifer like it's been for days. Noticed it earlier and thought it was odd. Wonder if her team or Paramount contacted them and asked them to change it.

I dunno if I've ever seen that done for movies before the Bluray release (and even then, it's kind of rare).

• Like 1

And when does mother lose it's certified fresh rating? Down to 70% now....are they waiting for 4 more reviews from top critics? I think this is the second time this has happened this year with RT jumping the gun because I remember Annabelle: Creation being certified fresh too before that massive wave of reviews came in that brought it down.

If they do change it, they are going to have to edit some articles.

• Like 1

@MrPink Your boy Chris spoke about mother! http://deadline.com/2017/09/mother-review-jennifer-lawrence-darren-aronofsky-javier-bardem-1202170798/

Not long after I saw mother! at an early morning screening at the Toronto Film Festival this week, I ran into Christopher Nolan at his Dunkirk event and he was asking which movies I had seen, particularly curious about Darren Aronofsky’s. “I hear it is one of those movies you either love or hate,” he said. I replied that I actually loved and hated it.We both agreed maybe that is what a great movie should be.

• Like 1