WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 77): It 60.1M | American Assassin 14.8M | JLaw's Original Sin 7.5M

Yeah, It could easily see 60m+ if that Friday # holds up. Keep in mind it had a 2.45x multi last weekend (WITH Irma deflating the Sat / Sun numbers) so playing like a typical horror film in terms of legs is pretty much out the window at this point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Not me. I want it to crash and burn due to marketing conning horror fans again. If it does, maybe Hollywood will stop cutting deceptive trailers and selling a movie as something it's not. The final "Experience" trailer is a dick move by Paramount especially placing it in front of IT last weekend.

I think Jennifer Lawrence is great. She'll walk out of this with her reputation perfectly intact. It's the film that's going to suffer.

I usually never want a movie to fail but if the marketing is this misleading....then it's fair game. 

Great point. I'm a horror fan but I planned on checking the film out knowing the marketing was probably a lie. Hate that my local theater isn't getting it yet still has stuff like Leap, The Glass Castle, and Nut Job 2. 

13 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Yeah, It could easily see 60m+ if that Friday # holds up. Keep in mind it had a 2.45x multi last weekend (WITH Irma deflating the Sat / Sun numbers) so playing like a typical horror film in terms of legs is pretty much out the window at this point.

My prediction is $62.6M for IT.

• Like 3

Harry Dean Stanton was a legend. That guy could be in the worst movie and yet his performance was still fantastic. He's one of a handful of actors that I can honestly say I just enjoyed watching no matter what film he was in. He lived a full life and died at the age of 91 but he will definitely be missed. What a career that man had.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Harry Dean Stanton was a legend. That guy could be in the worst movie and yet his performance was still fantastic. He's one of a handful of actors that I can honestly say I just enjoyed watching no matter what film he was in. He lived a full life and died at the age of 91 but he will definitely be missed. What a career that man had.

In a way his role in Twin Peaks: The Return felt like a tribute before he even passed. Could sadly be said for a few actors from the show. 

10 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Given her performance in 7 of her last 9 pictures it would seem they've been challenging for a while.

Really? So you think shes given bad performances? 🤣🤣

• Like 1

"If I rented this at Red box for a $1.50 I'd break the disc in half so no one could watch it after me."

"I was prepared to love this film. I expected the assault that we got from near the beginning, however as the movie climaxed I felt like a girl on prom night who was promised extras you and was delivered 45 seconds of pounding in the back of a 69 Nova. I adore the cast and could not have been more pleased with a Jennifer Lawrence but the story telling got lost in the rush to the finish. I appreciate avant-garde film making, just don't sell it to me as a horror flick. If you just have to see this, wait for video. I can't imagine it will take that long."

"I wouldn't give this any portion of a star!! Every bit of it sucked!!! Had no point to it at all!! Probably the worst movie I've ever gone to a theater to see. Wish I could get my money back! In fact, they should pay me to watch it! I wasted two hours of my life!"

"Cant unsee! Worst thing I've ever seen, had to walk out!"

"What the heck did I just watch? Just plain bad and awful all the way around. This was like sticking needles in your eyes. Just terrible and painful to sit through."

"A disgusting, no story movie! Please don't bother. Send a message to all involved in the making of this movie! It's pure theft of your time and money."

"A famous writer (Javier Bardem) and his weirdly unassertive young wife (Jennifer Lawrence), living in his creepy, burnt-out house....I sneer at anyone who takes this farrago as a deep allegory of something or other. I did get a few laughs in the overwrought second half, though."

The reviews! God people are trashing this thing. Should have waited a day or watched any review video.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

The dude why did you post that in here? Can you just remove that and go put it in the review thread? It's not huge on spoilers but it definitely discuss part of the plot that we don't know anything about.

6 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Really? So you think shes given bad performances? 🤣🤣

I absolutely loved here in Winters Bone and she was good in Silver Lining. She's fine in the the hunger games movies, but in everything else she stands out in a bad way in my opinion. I've never seen someone get worse as their career progresses like this before. Haven't seen Mother yet so I can't say how she is in it, but I'm already reading she's miscast again which if true how many times can we use the miscast excuse before we just acknowledge it's her.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The dude why did you post that in here? Can you just remove that and go put it in the review thread? It's not huge on spoilers but it definitely discuss part of the plot that we don't know anything about.

Sorry tried to take any spoilers out (edited even more of the one you were probably referring too). Most of those are still just reactions and basics of the plot that anyone can get while watching the trailers. If you still want me to remove it, can though.

Edited by somebody85

For those wondering about how AA is not crashing and burning...if the movie was anywhere near as good or well-received as the series of books, it would probably be much higher than it is...

The author, who sold over 20M books in his series, has passed, so fans aren't getting any more books from him (although they have moved to a 2nd writer)...it's his 1st book made into a feature film...and it is actually the "creation story" for the popular character, Mitch Rapp, from the books.  It's a straight-forward book premise that has definite emotional roller coasters, definite tension at all the right moments, and loads of action.  It's not Shakespeare, but for those who want good guys who do what it takes...it hits that sweet spot.  I'd call the book a mix of 80's Rambo with a touch of Bourne and Bond for today.  Everything doesn't always have a happy ending, everything doesn't always work out, and no one plays by the rules, so you can't just know what's happening chapter by chapter.  

I've actually enjoyed all his books (for free from my library:)) and was sad when "his" series ended, b/c it's no longer the same...I don't think I'm checking out the movie 1st run, but if someone gave me free tickets, I'd want to see how the book came to life (and hope I wasn't disappointed)... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a2knet said:

Wolf of Wall Street had a C+ cinemascore. Wonder if people went to watch a Leo film in Christmas with their grandma cause it showed the value of hard-work, teamwork, friendship and making money to achieve the American dream.

Wolf of Wall Street is weird since it got a crappy cinemascore but WOM and legs were still excellent.

Edited by cookie