WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 61): Kingsman 39M | It 29.8M | Ninjago 20.4M | AA 6.3M | mother! 3.3M | Friend Request 2M (lol)

22 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

New Releases

Lego's score same as Nut Job 2. Emoji was B.

Cinemascore for 2017 animations (bottom 3 multipliers in red, top 3 multipliers in green, rest in blue):

SMURFS3 A (3.38x)

CARS3 A (2.85x)

LEAP! A (4x+)

BOSS BABY A- (3.48x)

LEGO BAT A- (3.32x)

DM3 A- (3.6x+)

CAP UNDER B+ (3.1x)

NJ2 B+ (3.4x+)

EMOJI B (3.5x+)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

the most surprising case of missing three-quel is Nat Treasure 3. 1st two were very profitable and the sequel showed good growth. 3rd one never came. (not that I am complaining)

There were plans for a third film, but I believe The Sorcerer's Apprentice flopping, basically put it on hold, and it never got made as a result. 

20 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Oh wow. 17.5 M? I'll take that.

It's a solid number. The 1st Kingsman showed an amazing 71% Sat bump from true Friday. This one as a sequel won't do that but even half that bump at 35% would give a great weekend:

3.4 + 14.1 + 19.0 (+35%) + 12.0 (-37%) = 48.5 for Kingsman2 (ow = 14.3x the previews)

1.4 + 9.0 + 15.4 (+71%) + 10.4 (-32.7%) = 36.2 for Kingsman1 (ow = 25.9x the previews)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

The Exorcist in my opinion is probably the most overhyped movie of all time. There's nothing remotely scary about it in my opinion. It's just a devil having a bad day. Didn't scare me in the least. So yes horror movies and what scares people in general is always subjective No Doubt.

As a great poet once said, "Unbreak my heart." 

That and "BOBBY, WHERE'D YOU LEAVE THE FUCKING PIPE?!"

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

It's a solid number. The 1st Kingsman showed an amazing 71% Sat bump from true Friday. This one as a sequel won't do that but even half that bump at 35% would give a great weekend:

3.4 + 14.1 + 19.0 (+35%) + 12.0 (-37%) = 48.5 for Kingsman2 (ow = 14.3x the previews)

1.4 + 9.0 + 15.4 (+71%) + 10.4 (-32.7%) = 36.2 for Kingsman1 (ow = 25.9x the previews)

Kingsman 1's second day was Valentine's Day which boosted it 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Cage becoming more and more of a DTV fixture didn't help either.

Cage never went really DTV though, instead he wound-up doing VOD films technically. That being said his status as box office poison because of poor paycheck roles, did not help matters at all, and basically cancelled plans of a third National treasure film from ever happening.  

5 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

As much as I would like to see a series of movies based on Silmarillion i dont think it will work well. The way the books are written do not lend themselves well to converting it into a coherent continous screenplay. There are gaps of thousands of years in between some of the storyline plus all the characters are new with nothing to really tie it into the existing LoTR/Hobbit movies. 

One thing that can be made into a movie would be a tale based on Narn i Chîn Húrin. 

That storyline was made into a complete book called The Children of Hurin which is for the most part a self contained and great story. 

I am thinking that would be great, plus the story of Beren and Luthien and The Fall of Gondolin.

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Kingsman 1's second day was Valentine's Day which boosted it 

True. I didn't notice that. In that case even half the true Friday to Sat bump that kingsman had (71%) might be difficult.

Hope it jumps 20-25% considering outside summer things do better on Sat % wise.

If Fri comes to 18m, can see this range with 20-25% Sat bump and 40% drop on Sun

3.4 + 14.6 + 17.50 (+20%)+ 10 (-40%) = 45.50

3.4 + 14.6 + 18.25 (+25%)+ 11 (-40%) = 47.25

Edited by a2knet