That One Girl

I Love You, Daddy | YANKED (hehe)

Louis Ck's 'I Love You Daddy' release is now officially scrapped amid Misconduct allegations

(source: Variety)

The release of Louis C.K.’s new film “I Love You, Daddy” has been scrapped in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations levied against the comedian.

“The Orchard will not be moving forward with the release of ‘I Love You, Daddy,'” the indie film company announced in a terse statement on Friday morning.

The New York Times published a bombshell report on Thursday in which five women accused the comic of sexual misconduct. They claim that he pressured them to watch or listen as he masturbated. The allegations against C.K. have emerged as part of a series of sexual harassment and abuse reports that have upended the entertainment industry.

[...]

The Orchard also canceled Thursday’s New York premiere of the controversial film leading up to the Times expose. The comedy had been set to open in limited release on Nov. 17 before going wide in the following weeks. On Thursday, the company’s leadership weighed what to do with the film. There was a sense that it would be foolhardy to release it straight to digital services and avoid a theatrical run. Better, the company brass reasoned, to yank the film entirely.

[...]

The Orchard spent $5 million for rights to the film out of the Toronto International Film Festival, where it had its world premiere this September.

• Thanks 2