grim22

Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw | August 2 2019 | 17th most profitable movie of 2019

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

HYPE

there are also 

Spoiler

Major Game of thrones season 8 spoilers in H&S, basically the ending of the show as a joke. without a warning.

I feel really bad for the people who don't watch GoT and get spoiled by this movie :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

HYPE

there are also 

Hide contents

Major Game of thrones season 8 spoilers in H&S, basically the ending of the show as a joke. without a warning.

I feel really bad for the people who don't watch GoT and get spoiled by this movie :ph34r:

Spoiler

You should feel bad for the people that watched that shitfest of finale and now have to be reminded of it.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Someone just mentioned they have never seen the original Star Wars Trilogy.

I knew the cinematic illiteracy....not being familiar with a lot of classic films.....was pretty bad on this site. but this is pretty shocking.

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Someone just mentioned they have never seen the original Star Wars Trilogy.

I knew the cinematic illiteracy....not being familiar with a lot of classic films.....was pretty bad on this site. but this is pretty shocking.

It's pretty bad isn't it?

I think this could do a 9-10x multi (am I going way too high?) and I'd like to see it do at least $60M on OW. That means it would need $6.67M in previews.

Based on tracking that might be very optimistic. Looks like I should prepare to be disappointed. Too bad, because I thought for the longest time this film had the potential to be the 3rd biggest opener in August after Suicide Squad and Guardians of the Galaxy.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the behind the scenes

54 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Thank god for the reviews.I was so worried.Now that the only two likeable stars are on this one the main franchise can fucking die for all I care.Maybe Get Theron for the spin offs because that lady is amaZing  and she deserves better.

I think the behind the scenes shenanigans with the F and F franchises might make on hell of a good movie by itself.

Replacing the Rock with Cena..bigtime downgrade if ever there was one.

And I see the rumors of them somehow resurrecting Giselle for a Gal Gadot starring spinoff seem to have died. I doubt Gadot is interested anyway.

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I would love to be a fly on the wall for the behind the scenes

I think the behind the scenes shenanigans with the F and F franchises might make on hell of a good movie by itself.

Replacing the Rock with Cena..bigtime downgrade if ever there was one.

And I see the rumors of them somehow resurrecting Giselle for a Gal Gadot starring spinoff seem to have died. I doubt Gadot is interested anyway.

I realize Johnson to Cena is definitely a downgrade, but this movie seems like it would be a little more down Cena's alley doesn't it? I'll admit I'm intrigued and I'll give him a chance before judging, but will be fully prepared to roast him if he's awful in it.

I just hope his character feels like a genuine addition in F9, rather than a panic move by Universal to replace Johnson.

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

Cena not a bad actor but he’s nowhere near the star the rock is in movies and wwe. 

The rock was much more popular in wwe, Cena just had longevity. 

Its a huge downgrade

Oh for sure, but still hoping the role/character isn't too much of a downgrade. Sometimes a character and an actor just mesh and it elevates the actor, even though most times it's the other way around. Not going to write off Cena yet.

Are the cameos part of spoilers? They really surprised me in a very exciting way. Did not expect it at all. I was like, "Am I seeing this right? That can't be right." 😂. It did feel like some kind of crossover, because to me they belong to a different universe lol.

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

HYPE

there are also 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah they did that so casually, like they didn't care at all 😂. Anyway, like I said before, it's a super fun and entertaining movie, funnier than the usual F&F movies. Some cheesy lines/moments, but the movie never takes itself seriously, so it's fine. The 3 main characters also have great dynamics.

34 minutes ago, catlover said:

Are the cameos part of spoilers? They really surprised me in a very exciting way. Did not expect it at all. I was like, "Am I seeing this right? That can't be right." 😂. It did feel like some kind of crossover, because to me they belong to a different universe lol.

Yeah they did that so casually, like they didn't care at all 😂. Anyway, like I said before, it's a super fun and entertaining movie, funnier than the usual F&F movies. Some cheesy lines/moments, but the movie never takes itself seriously, so it's fine. The 3 main characters also have great dynamics.

how is it doing in Indonesia. Any comparison to F8.

From the buzz and tracking thread: my theatres.

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw

Wednesday July 31, 2019 | 11:20PM

1 day to Thursday previews

Cineplex Odeon Sunridge Spectrum - Calgary, AB

Thursday, August 1

UltraAVX

7:30PM - 52/210 seats sold (25%)

10:40PM - 12/210 seats sold (6%)

Regular

7:00PM - 30/112 seats sold (27%)

10:10PM - 14/112 seats sold (9%)

Cineplex Scotiabank Theatre Chinook - Calgary, AB

Thursday, August 1

UltraAVX

7:30PM - 40/407 seats sold (10%)

10:40PM - 12/407 seats sold (3%)

Regular

7:00PM - 57/331 seats sold (21%) | D-BOX seats - 9/30 seats sold (30%) *D-BOX seat count is part of the overall count

10:10PM - 5/331 seats sold (2%) | D-BOX seats - 1/30 seats sold (3%) *D-BOX seat count is part of the overall count

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a word: yikes.

37 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

how is it doing in Indonesia. Any comparison to F8.

Well I don't have access to any data. But another poster here who does, made an early prediction:
OD $1.46-1.62M
OW $7.6-8.5M

I think F8 made $8.5M on OW, so looks like it is unlikely for H&S to open bigger than F8. Understandable since it's a spin off. And F8 had the biggest OW and the biggest total ever at the time.

Edited by catlover
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, catlover said:

Well I don't have access to any data. But another poster here who does, made an early prediction:
OD $1.46-1.62M
OW $7.6-8.5M

I think F8 made $8.5M on OW, so looks like it is unlikely for H&S to open bigger than F8. Understandable since it's a spin off. And F8 had the biggest OW and the biggest total ever at the time.

I dont think anyone is expecting H&S to hit F8 numbers. if it comes close that would be impressive. Asia is critical for it to hit good OS numbers. I am thinking at least 200m in china and 150-200m Asia minus china.

1 hour ago, catlover said:

OD $1.46-1.62M
OW $7.6-8.5M

Being nearly flat from F8 would be great for it, but Indonesia is one of those markets where flat with a movie 28 months ago is not actually that flat 😛 

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Being nearly flat from F8 would be great for it, but Indonesia is one of those markets where flat with a movie 28 months ago is not actually that flat 😛 

If HS drops 40% in EU and China and 20-30% in rest of the world, it's still looking at about 650 OS (35% down from F8 OS) ... at least 600 OS if mental math is wrong. Not saying that it will do that but staying flat from F8 in a growing market like Indonesia is great for HS imo.