aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

17 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Blade Runner 2049 is the best movie of the year by at least two miles.  War for the Planet of the Apes can fuck off.  If we get a movie as good as this in the next 10 years, then that would be a fucking miracle.

Something tells me you're gonna declare some movie like that a couple times over the next year and I'm gonna have this post bookmarked to let you know miracles DO happen

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Victoria and Abdul is looking to double its gross from last weekend and crack the top ten, making $2,184,408 with a per theater average of $2,984, likely the third best in the top ten.  That would give it a total of 3,999,802.

That'd be a fairly weak expansion, especially compared to The Zookeeper's Wife. Honestly, all the weak indie expansions over the past couple of months has made me appreciate The Big Sick's run a lot more.

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Blade Runner 2049 is the best movie of the year by at least two miles.  War for the Planet of the Apes can fuck off.  If we get a movie as good as this in the next 10 years, then that would be a fucking miracle.

Haven't seen the first, but loved this.  No criticisms...didn't find it too long and was never bored

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I highly doubt it

You're a 15/16 year old kid whose balls haven't fully dropped. Your tastes are gonna change like crazy 

I bet it will.

Edited by MrPink
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Wait, people actually thought Snowman would be a good movie?

Considering the crew behind it, yes. The director did Let the Right One In and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (which some people can actually focus on :lol: ).

On 1/2/1970 at 7:51 PM, MrPink said:

Something tells me you're gonna declare some movie like that a couple times over the next year and I'm gonna have this post bookmarked to let you know miracles DO happen

Whoa! Look Pink, it's already happening:

On 3/18/1972 at 5:16 AM, That One Guy said:

Blade Runner 2049 Thor: Ragnarok is the best movie of the year by at least two miles.  War for the Planet of the Apes Blade Runner 2049 can fuck off.  If we get a movie as good as this in the next 10 years, then that would be a fucking miracle.

Edited by aabattery
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Considering the crew behind it, yes. The director did Let the Right One In and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (which some people can actually focus on :lol: ).

I thought the Snowman trailer made the movie look very silly. I liked Let the Right One In but I cant pretend that I like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, it's far too dry for my taste.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I thought the Snowman trailer made the movie look very silly. I liked Let the Right One In but I cant pretend that I like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, it's far too dry for my taste.

Apparently reading the book beforehand helps a lot. I had to turn it off because I got confused very quickly.

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

You're a 15/16 year old kid whose balls haven't fully dropped. Your tastes are gonna change like crazy 

I bet it will.

I still highly doubt it :lol:

You can quote me if I'm wrong but I don't think any movie released anytime soon will be better than this.  Unless Kubrick rises from the dead.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That'd be a fairly weak expansion, especially compared to The Zookeeper's Wife. Honestly, all the weak indie expansions over the past couple of months has made me appreciate The Big Sick's run a lot more.

It would not be that bad of a per screen average reduction since it is expanding by 850%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Apparently reading the book beforehand helps a lot. I had to turn it off because I got confused very quickly.

I watched Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy in theatres. I would've been 14 at the time.

Shit went in one ear and allllllll the way out the other.

• Like 2

Thank You for Your Service had a screening recently, and there are a few reviews up on Letterboxd. There's only 5, but they're all positive about the movie. If Universal can raise awareness over the next few weeks, it could open at #1.

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I still highly doubt it :lol:

You can quote me if I'm wrong but I don't think any movie released anytime soon will be better than this.  Unless Kubrick rises from the dead.

I mean you highly doubted you would see a better movie than War for Apes until December at the time too but here we are:

Edited by MrPink

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Thank You for Your Service had a screening recently, and there are a few reviews up on Letterboxd. There's only 5, but they're all positive about the movie. If Universal can raise awareness over the next few weeks, it could open at #1.

I'm sure one of them was from Miles Teller

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I mean you highly doubted you would see a better movie than War for Apes until December at the time too but here we are:

Yes but that was a mere "hard to imagine" stage, as in 5% chance.  The odds were beaten.

We are in the "fucking miracle" stage with this movie though.  That's like 0.1% chance.

Edited by That One Guy

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Yes but that was a mere "hard to imagine" stage, as in 5% chance.  The odds were beaten.

We are in the "fucking miracle" stage with this movie though.  That's like 0.1% chance.

And when Annihilation comes out, we'll be at .00005% chance anything will top that.