aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Speaking of The Post, weren't we supposed to get a trailer with Mountain Between Us this week? Fox is gonna make us wait a bit for that, I guess (Orient Express?).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Most likely. FWIW the Lincoln trailer didn't land until less than two months before it opened.

I imagine it’s only just wrapped up filming or possibly still filming so they likely haven't had a chance to cut a trailer. It’s a bit weird that Ready Player One already had a trailer before The Post.

Speaking of RPO, wonder if WB will attach the second trailer with Justice League or Star Wars?

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Can't imagine Blade Runner 2049 getting an A CinemaScore. My audience was restless as fuuuuuuck this morning including several walk-outs.

I mean, Sony was able to get Money's trailer out quickly with a similar rushed production schedule and plopped Roman Israel at TIFF; surely Fox could've had a trailer ready by now :lol: 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine it’s only just wrapped up filming or possibly still filming so they likely haven't had a chance to cut a trailer. It’s a bit weird that Ready Player One already had a trailer before The Post.

Speaking of RPO, wonder if WB will attach the second trailer with Justice League or Star Wars?

It should come with JL.

46 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Apparently reading the book beforehand helps a lot. I had to turn it off because I got confused very quickly.

The book's fantastic but the plotting is a bit too complex and twisty for film length.  I recommend the excellent 1970s mini-series with Alec Guiness instead (and even that has to cut out some bits)

7ITTbiL.png

Legs inbound?

I'm not too surprised to be honest. It's not that hard a movie to get your head around. The only thing going against it really is the runtime.

Edited by aabattery
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Color me surprised then again... I looked up out of curiosity and divisive genre fair like Pacific RimAmazing Spider-Man and Man of Steel got A- scores too. Which begs the question which audiences are they polling?

Those are divisive?

3 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Color me surprised then again... I looked up out of curiosity and divisive genre fair like Pacific RimAmazing Spider-Man and Man of Steel got A- scores too. Which begs the question which audiences are they polling?

Who shows up the opening night which is mostly built-in fandom. Hence why franchises tend to score that high all the time (Twilight did too). That's why I don't take Cinemascore seriously. It doesn't tell you whether a movie will crossover unless it's an original property or one of those non-fandom driven movies. 

Also, lets not forget that Wolf of Wall Street got C or C- and had terrific legs. Whose who loved it absolutely raved it. So As don't necessarily mean legs (movie exhausts its fanbase and there's no interest outside of it) and Cs don't necessarily mean collapse (divisive still has passionate supporters).

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Man of Steel was the first film I thought of. As I've said, I thought 2049 was a good movie and hope for the best but that score has been deceptive before.