aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

17 minutes ago, a2knet said:

thank you for the prompt action. was expecting a forum-wide ban but i guess mods were lenient due it being his first weekend thread.

Lol really? i dont get why he even deserved thread ban? whats the big deal, MLP: TM or TMMLP....is it really such big difference? and nobody cares about this movie anyways so...

3 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

Lol really? i dont get why he even deserved thread ban? whats the big deal, MLP: TM or TMMLP....is it really such big difference? and nobody cares about this movie anyways so...

The ban comments were all jokes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damianport1 said:

you serious? MLP:TM is completely different from TMMLP. TMMLP sounds like TMNT...Teenage Mutant Minja Little Purples or some shit.

no, no...ban was fair.

Edited by a2knet
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Driving to the theater right now.  The hype better fucking deliver

Depends on how hyped you are. The people going "OMG ALL TIME CLASSIC MASTERPIECE BEST MOVIE EVER DENIS VILEVUNU STICK YOUR BALLS IN MY MOUTH" before it even came out never had realistic expectations. I just got back and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Very well made, Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford were great and I didn't think it dragged at all. I'd definitely recommend it but it's not a "masterpiece" like I'm hearing from some people by any stretch.

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

you serious? MLP:TM is completely different from TMMLP. TMMLP sounds like TMNT...Teenage Mutant Minja Little Purples or some shit.

no, no...ban was fair.

The Marshall Mathers LP The Movie?

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

After seeing BR2049, I'm thinking the Cinemascore will be a B or a B+. It plays more like a sci fi art film than a sci fi action film which I suspect is what many people are expecting when they walk in to see it. It's well made and another solid effort from Villeneuve, although it needs to be edited to remove some bloat.

Leap! (A) in August was the last movie to get a better score than B+. But animations movie usually find it easier. Detroit (A-) in late July was the last non-animation to do better than B+.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Leap! (A) in August was the last movie to get a better score than B+. But animations movie usually find it easier. Detroit (A-) in late July was the last non-animation to do better than B+.

I think Stronger got an A and Battle of the Sexes got A-, but were unreported.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Freaking people can't ever get off their phones, even in a movie. It's pathetic.

I've generally had very good luck with my audiences over the years but I had my first really bad experience when I saw IT on opening night. These two girls sitting beside me were both peering on one of their phones throughout the whole movie. One of them was showing the other pictures or something. I'm thinking, "Why the fuck are you even here? To be hip and just to be able to say you want to see it?". I finally asked them to put the phone away And they did, but one of them still whipped it out a few times later on.

At which point I would’ve loudly told them to get off the goddamn phone and if they go on it again, I will be getting management involved. Zero tolerance with people on a phone once the movie starts. Something is that fucking important, get up and go out in the hallway. Don’t sit there with the bright ass screen in a dark movie theater like an inconsiderate, self absorbed dickhead. Everywhere should just be like the Alamo Drafthouse and all these problems would cease to be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Freaking people can't ever get off their phones, even in a movie. It's pathetic.

I've generally had very good luck with my audiences over the years but I had my first really bad experience when I saw IT on opening night. These two girls sitting beside me were both peering on one of their phones throughout the whole movie. One of them was showing the other pictures or something. I'm thinking, "Why the fuck are you even here? To be hip and just to be able to say you want to see it?". I finally asked them to put the phone away And they did, but one of them still whipped it out a few times later on.

It sucks. I had to move away from some dude who was on his phone the entire time during the trailers last night. I could just tell he was the type of person who would pull out his phone during the slower moments of the movie.

I had to move during Kingsman as well when two girls decided to give each other a play by play commentary of every scene during the first 10 minutes of the movie. I didn't say anything and just got up and moved down. 

I generally have good audiences but fuck man, some people are so disrespectful. 

• Like 1

I saw the sequel to kingsman today and holy crap was that a piece of crap LOL. It had none of the charm of the original and it just felt like a bunch of skits thrown together and I was cringing during a lot of the movie. The Last half-hour is pretty good everything before that is horrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lestranger said:

16-17 means 12-13 true Friday. Pretty front-loaded.

Even giving 30% bump on Sat from true Friday (flat from full Friday) and good hold on Sunday, 45 seems the max

4 +13 + 16.9 (+30%) + 11.1 (-34%) = 45

42-43 probably is more realistic.

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

16-17 means 12-13 true Friday. Pretty front-loaded.

Even giving 30% bump on Sat from true Friday (flat from full Friday) and good hold on Sunday, 45 seems the max

4 +13 + 16.9 (+30%) + 11.1 (-34%) = 45

42-43 probably is more realistic.

Pretty in line with how it was tracking.