aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

11 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

With 18m, I can easily see it doing 47-48m with how old it's audience seems to be. 76% over 25, this should go even higher over the weekend. 

How many are over 50 is what's more important. But they rarely give that early breakdown.  As if the attendance patterns of 26 year olds are the same as for 63 yr olds.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

How many are over 50 is what's more important. But they rarely give that early breakdown.  As if the attendance patterns of 26 year olds are the same as for 63 yr olds.

if i remember correctly, AM had a high percentage of Over 50 yr olds last weekend and it didn't help its legs. its doing really mediocre

12 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

With 18m, I can easily see it doing 47-48m with how old it's audience seems to be. 76% over 25, this should go even higher over the weekend. 

Kingsman 2 was 74% over 25.

American made: 82% over 25

American Asssassin: 85% over 25

The number over 35 would be a better indicator here, specially for an R rated release 76% over 25 is not that specially old in 2017.

• Like 2

Just now, RichWS said:

Nothing like sitting higher than someone in stadium seating and they're constantly on their phone. 

yeah, the light hits you right in the eye. most theaters announce not to use the phone and have funny ads about it too. some people just have no self awareness.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

The number over 35 would be a better indicator here, specially for an R rated release 76% over 25 is not that specially old in 2017.

there you have it. high number of adults, but legs for these movies are mediocre at best.  the problem is competition for male adults imo. too many movies targeting them

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

Just now, a2knet said:

yeah, the light hits you right in the eye. most theaters announce not to use the phone and have funny ads about it too. some people just have no self awareness.

It's most bothersome when you can tell they're not just sending a quick text. The ones who are literally scrolling through random shit. Why did you pay to sit here if you'd rather go on Facebook? Boggles my mind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

We should do a stat on legs of movies that @Squadron Leader Tele has seen in OW vs the ones he has not seen in OW. I am sure the legs of the movies he has seen in OW bottom out at 3.0x. There's your demographic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alli said:

There's no reason this will go down from estimates. It's received very well, unlike Kingsman and Ninjago

Its just very sophisticated film. a lot folks will not get it and not recommend their friend thus the number might be lower than expected

Had a guy sitting to next to me who kept checking his phone when I saw Dunkirk in IMAX. Like, that movie isn't even that long?

Asked him to stop after the fourth time, but I was more confused than annoyed. Just watch the movie, man.

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It's fairly old for an openener in that range, though. The MArtian did 72% over 25.

I'm not even sure, if you can open a movie over $40m with a 80%+ share of over 25 crowds. 

9 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

It's fairly old for an openener in that range, though. The MArtian did 72% over 25.

I'm not even sure, if you can open a movie over $40m with a 80%+ share of over 25 crowds. 

72% is not that far and that was in 2015, in 2017 it would have been closer to 75% I think

60% of the last Bourne audience was over 35 on a 60m opening, I cannot find the 25 to 34 audience number, but 60% over 35 on a PG-13 was impressively old and must have been around 80% over 25.

In 2015, Rogue Nation was 81% over 25 with a 55/56m weekend :

http://deadline.com/2015/08/mission-impossible-rogue-nation-vacation-box-office-1201488017/

While in 2011 Ghost Protocol was only 65% over 25, that show how big the trend into older audience is (or the disappearance of the young one) has been in the last 7 year"s. A movie like SALT was only 59% over 25 in 2010, today I would imagine that it would be around 65% if not more over 25 (well today they would probably simply make it R and have a 75/80%+ over 25).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Seniors are terrible. I hate confrontation, but I've learned the hard way it's best to shut them down right at the start. Lincoln, Side Effects and Inside Llewyn Davis were the worst ones.

this is true but i must say i was a big fan of the old man who excitedly told his woman "That's Jeremy Renner!" at the start of wind river when i saw it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

this is true but i must say i was a big fan of the old man who excitedly told his woman "That's Jeremy Renner!" at the start of wind river when i saw it.

The same happened to me at mother!, just switch Jeremy Renner with Javier Bardem.

• Like 1

i just remembered he kept explaining plot wrong too. like he said the dead native american girl was jeremy renner's daughter AFTER the scene with her parents. like ??????

Spoiler

also got very excited every time his boy jeremy shot someone in that ending shootout.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just remembered he kept explaining plot wrong too. like he said the dead native american girl was jeremy renner's daughter AFTER the scene with her parents. like ??????

Hide contents

also got very excited every time his boy jeremy shot someone in that ending shootout.

Spoiler

The old guy behind me wooped when that happened.

59 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Freaking people can't ever get off their phones, even in a movie. It's pathetic.

I've generally had very good luck with my audiences over the years but I had my first really bad experience when I saw IT on opening night. These two girls sitting beside me were both peering on one of their phones throughout the whole movie. One of them was showing the other pictures or something. I'm thinking, "Why the fuck are you even here? To be hip and just to be able to say you want to see it?". I finally asked them to put the phone away And they did, but one of them still whipped it out a few times later on.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1