aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals ~ BR2049 32.753M :((, TMBU 10.551M, It 9.972M, MLP:TM 8.885M, K:TGC 8.675M, AM 8.446M, TLNM 7.002 M, V&A 4.171M | All those posts will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die

12.7M

8.3M
4.2M

25.2M Weekend

Best case scenario is it drops 40% tomorrow and hits 26M. Either way, I think we can all agree it's doing 10M tops next weekend, right? We haven't seen frontloading like this since.... All Eyez on Me? 

edmbK.gif

• Haha 1

We haven't seen frontloading like this since.... All Eyez on Me?

I still remember how Eyez collapsed after opening DAY.
That was Friday the 13th levels of frontloading there.

BR falling so hard after an OW so weak would be outright studio killing.

• Like 1

Happy Death Day is going to be the only movie in double digits next weekend, and depending how hard BR falls/how much The Foreigner outperforms tracking, there's a decent chance the rest of the box office won't be over 9M :gold: It would be wise of Focus to get Victoria and Abdul in 1,500-2,000 theaters.

Edited by WrathOfHan

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Happy Death Day is going to be the only movie in double digits next weekend, and depending how hard BR falls/how much The Foreigner outperforms tracking, there's a decent chance the rest of the box office won't be over 9M :gold: It would be wise of Focus to get Victoria and Abdul in 1,500-2,000 theaters.

If Blade Runner is #1 next weekend, it's gonna be a bbbaaaaaaaddddd weekend.

We keep going down in 4M increments.  With Thursday #'s, we expected 40M.  With early Friday #'s, we expected 36M.  With actuals, we got 32M.  With weekend estimates, we'll get 28M.  With actuals, we'll get 24M.

:sadben: 

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

We keep going down in 4M increments.  With Thursday #'s, we expected 40M.  With early Friday #'s, we expected 36M.  With actuals, we got 32M.  With weekend estimates, we'll get 28M.  With actuals, we'll get 24M.

:sadben: 

Watch because of your trolling, 2049 does a Ninjago sized OW.

This is one of the most surprising bombs in years. It seemed like they delivered a perfectly good and bold movie and it's not like exposure wasn't there. I think people assumed a reverence with the original among mainstream audiences, and the trailers didn't do any favors as to explaining how that world worked. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1