Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

Looking at New Westminster theatre in Vancouver. Foreigner is sold out for the 7:10 show, Happy Death Day is 37/84 (both were about 90% full for last night's shows at the same time).

I don't want to address the elephant in the room, but for anyone who's been to Vancouver, there are a lot of Chinese people, which is why I'm assuming Foreigner is doing super well here but not nearly as well as in other Canadian cities I look at like Calgary, Winnipeg, or even Toronto.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

Ugh I went to see HDD but there was a sketchy guy in the theatre and we left. I'm in no mood to get shot by some creep at the movies. My friends wanted to kill me but fuck them.  s

So now I'm watching Insidious 3 instead which is surprisingly decent so far. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Ugh I went to see HDD but there was a sketchy guy in the theatre and we left. I'm in no mood to get shot by some creep at the movies. My friends wanted to kill me but fuck them.  s

So now I'm watching Insidious 3 instead which is surprisingly decent so far. 

Insidious 3 is wayyyy better than it gets credit for. One of the best horrors from the past few years I'll say. It terrified me in the theatre.

25 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Insidious 3 is wayyyy better than it gets credit for. One of the best horrors from the past few years I'll say. It terrified me in the theatre.

Agreed. Sucks that 4 will probably be shit given that January release date. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

La La Land in the top 10. Number 1 movie way better than America's number 1 too. Besides, movies like Blade Runner 2049 are hits here. We winning.

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

DEATH TO THE FORUMS

8 hours ago, That One Guy said:

cjohn ban me.

I'm going to see MY LITTLE PONY before I see BR90210. 

39 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Very strong first half. Good scares and good family drama. But fell apart for me in the second half - too much time spent in The Further. That shit isn't scary. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Very strong first half. Good scares and good family drama. But fell apart for me in the second half - too much time spent in The Further. That shit isn't scary. 

The Further's the worst part of all the movies. 

4 hours ago, MrPink said:

We get a director's cut for Kingsman 2 and we still don't know how Bruce got back to Gotham :whosad:

I think he just walked across the ice.  He trained with Liam Neeson on the ice.  I am sure his ninja training got himself across, armor and all.

1 minute ago, Matrix4You said:

I think he just walked across the ice.  He trained with Liam Neeson on the ice.  I am sure his ninja training got himself across, armor and all.

I think he meant how did Bruce got back into the heavily guarded and all access blocked Gotham in TDKR from the prison in the middle of the desert in some Asian country (India) without any money or ID

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I think he meant how did Bruce got back into the heavily guarded and all access blocked Gotham in TDKR from the prison in the middle of the desert in some Asian country (India) without any money or ID

I thought they just showed that Bruce was a twin. And they were in cahoots the whole time.

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I think they skip over all this because we can figure it out.  The only thing we needed to see and experience was how he got out of the pit.  Getting past security in Gotham would be a no brainer if you are batman. 

10 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I think they skip over all this because we can figure it out.  The only thing we needed to see and experience was how he got out of the pit.  Getting past security in Gotham would be a no brainer if you are batman. 

BUT DID WE FIGURE IT OUT?

• Haha 3

Batman never made it to Gotham. He dies in the attempt to escape the hole and in his final moments of his life an alternative reality flashes before his eyes, and that is the final act we see.

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Batman never made it to Gotham. He dies in the attempt to escape the hole and in his final moments of his life an alternative reality flashes before his eyes, and that is the final act we see.

Couldn't he have just cloned himself in that box David Bowie made? Death seems pretty inconsequential when you have access to that kind of tech.