Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

I guess we can count Thandie Newton among the people not too eager to work with Disney again anytime soon: she's confirmed that her role in Solo really was reduced to almost nothing.

Star Wars: Thandiwe Newton calls her 'Solo' death “a big mistake” [Exclusive] (inverse.com)

As someone who never saw all of Solo...I forgot she was in this 😕 I'm not interested enough to finish at this rate.

6 hours ago, Chicago said:

Been trying to keep updated on the news in Afghan but I'm struggling to find anything on any station. I'm guessing it's the Teleban

Nope ISIS.

God, even the White House has been warning about the threat of an attack by an ISIS offshoot for a couple of days now.

I have no love whatsoever for the Taliban, but looks as though ISIS are the guys repsonbile for this atrocity.

11 minutes ago, Eric Robitaille said:

I remember somebody saying that A24 stans are the indie equivalent of Disney adults and like...yeah.

Just wait until the announcement of their own theme park. The buzz surrounding that Midsommar section is gonna make World of Pandora, Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge collectively hang their heads in shame.

8 hours ago, Eric Robitaille said:

That's hard to hear. They just put out a trailer for that Dug Days show too, so it'll be kind of sad to hear his voice again

Pretty surreal timing after Hollywood Reporter published a big career interview with him the other day no doubt timed for the Up show (which lands this week): Ed Asner Reflects on Golden Age of TV, Date With Mary Tyler Moore – The Hollywood Reporter

Sad news. RIP.