Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 hours ago, AJG said:

Can’t see Card Counter but Power Dog is definitely out there.

COVID delays made screeners a moot point last year. Most nominees were legally available to stream by time the awards season kicked in. Now that DVD screeners are being phased out for WebScreeners we now have a reality where most Oscar-bait films could pop up online in pristine quality weeks before release.

EDIT: Another Netflix film. "The Guilty", has leaked from a Webscreener.

It seems only Netflix movies are leaking. Were they unable to actually secure screens at TIFF?

15 hours ago, Menor said:

Next year will be interesting for sure. I think Nadal has a couple more RG in him and Novak has a couple more Wimbledons in him but it does seem like the NextGen has finally taken over on hard courts. 

I think Djokovic wins the Australian as always. The US Open has always been the most open of the grand Slams due to a number of factors - timing, exhaustion, injuries, weird draws. There's never been a Federer vs Nadal match at the US Open despite so many taking place during their heydays. Since Nadal started dominating the French, the US Open has had the most different winners.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 11:05 PM, TwoMisfits said:

Now, if I could just find a regular priced PS5 anywhere in the US for the family Christmas present.  If anyone ever has leads, I'll take them.

I'm happy paying $400-$500, but I'll be damned if I give a reseller $1K for it (with no recourse if it arrives broken)...

If you lived in the UK I would have sold you mine for 350. I got one a few months back and honestly I wish I'd just gotten a gaming PC. My laptop is smoother for games as 

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

All the stuff about how entertainment changed after 9/11 that has come out over the past week has been crazy, this might be the wildest because some studio executive really thought they were doing something

Legit completely forgot about the entire existence of that The Princess Diaries wannabe. Would bet Oscar Winner Colin Firth and Oscar Nominee Jonathan Pryce don't remember making it either.

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

I think Djokovic wins the Australian as always. The US Open has always been the most open of the grand Slams due to a number of factors - timing, exhaustion, injuries, weird draws. There's never been a Federer vs Nadal match at the US Open despite so many taking place during their heydays. Since Nadal started dominating the French, the US Open has had the most different winners.

Nah, I think Medvedev got himself righted mentally to now beat Novak...and he did.

And now that he did, others of his gen will see it's possible.

I think the winner of Australia will be draw based - whoever of the two has to go through Zverev and Nadal (since he's not top 4 anymore in Jan, right, so someone might have to play him in the quarter?) will lose from exhaustion...and the other will win...

Although since I'm the Nadal fan, I won't count him out yet on hardcourts, especially when he's uber fresh...he's the most susceptible to get run down/injured, but if he's not, he's still one of the best on hard and the best on clay (although he's never winning again on grass)... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grim22 said:

He definitely has a better chance than the USO. In the past painful losses have usually pushed him to play better tennis as well (after the 2015 RG final he went on that ridiculous tear for 12 months). But now Medvedev will be much tougher having gotten over the hump. I would say Djokovic is only slightly favored if that. Also if Thiem can get healthy and get his form back he will be a big contender for sure. 

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Nah, I think Medvedev got himself righted mentally to now beat Novak...and he did.

And now that he did, others of his gen will see it's possible.

I think the winner of Australia will be draw based - whoever of the two has to go through Zverev and Nadal (since he's not top 4 anymore in Jan, right, so someone might have to play him in the quarter?) will lose from exhaustion...and the other will win...

Although since I'm the Nadal fan, I won't count him out yet on hardcourts, especially when he's uber fresh...he's the most susceptible to get run down/injured, but if he's not, he's still one of the best on hard and the best on clay (although he's never winning again on grass)... 

I won't discount him at the US but in Australia I would say he's more in the second tier of contenders than the first. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cap said:

It’s been TWO YEARS and y’all have the audacity to show up in these basic outfits!? The category is Met Gala, not Oscar red carpet!!!

okay few the gays showed up

(I also really love this:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cap said:

It’s been TWO YEARS and y’all have the audacity to show up in these basic outfits!? The category is Met Gala, not Oscar red carpet!!!

okay but like Timothee is still sooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking cute in his little white outfit. I just wanna....kiss him so much. 🥺

13 minutes ago, Eric and the Ten Rings said:

okay but like Timothee is still sooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking cute in his little white outfit. I just wanna....kiss him so much. 🥺

Let’s be honest here, you’d want to kiss him regardless of the outfit. 😂😂😂

So no. We’re not getting a pass. He doesn’t get a pass. Simu doesn’t get a pass. Aldis doesn’t get a pass. 

Did none of them ever hear you’re not supposed to wear white after Labor Day?!?

Mad Paul Rudd GIF

4 hours ago, Cap said:

The past 18 months have zapped the "Crazy Met Gala Outfit" energy from everyone. Better luck next year when they'll be back in May (I presume)!