Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

so what type of movies will they make for the streaming? will they send there the ones that are bad for a theatrical release? WB having a streaming service doesn't make sense when they are still releasing movies in theaters

Disney is still making movies in both theaters and for their streaming service. It's not that big of a deal.

Edited by CoolEric258

1 minute ago, Alli said:

so what type of movies will they make for the streaming? will they send there the ones that are bad for a theatrical release? WB having a streaming service doesn't make sense when they are still releasing movies in theaters

Maybe HBO Original Movies will now become HBO Max Original Movies?

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Disney is still making movies in both theaters and for their streaming service. It's not that big of a deal.

yeah. what movies is Disney making for streaming? lesser than the ones releasing in theaters. i couldn't imagine Aladdin or Avengers going directly on streaming

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Maybe HBO Original Movies will now become HBO Max Original Movies?

that makes sense. i can't imagine warner streaming will have any big movies. they keep those for theaters

Edited by Alli

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

yeah. what movies is Disney making for streaming? lesser than the ones releasing in theaters. i couldn't imagine Aladdin or Avengers going directly on streaming

They're doing the female santa claus starring Anna Kendrick and... Lady & The Tramp with Justin Theroux. Hopefully movies like Blinded by the Light & The Kitchen remain in cinemas from WB; they're (along w/ Universal) the only ones out of the big five releasing those kinds of films.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

btw, if DC Universe is being absorbed, is that also happening to stuff like Crunchyroll and Boomerang?

Boomerang was one of the things mentioned in the promo so I would think so. Don’t know about Crunchyroll.

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

btw, if DC Universe is being absorbed, is that also happening to stuff like Crunchyroll and Boomerang?

Might not be absorbed outright, but it's definitely gonna have the Boomerang library:

66322957_692079007899949_868349548097123

@Alli I was wrong, they WILL be making original film:

Greg Berlanti, who is locked into a rich Warner Bros. deal, is also going to be supplying four new movies for the service, and Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine will produce at least two films for HBO Max.

@CoolEric258 Looks like now that Fox2000 shut down, HBO Max is taking their boy Berlanti.

Edited by TMP

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I mean, Crunchyroll's parent company is owned by TimeWarner so I'm guessing it's only a matter of when it will eventually happen.

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WarnerMedia Sets ‘HBO Max’ as Name of Streaming Service

This is so smart its crazy. Leveraging the HBO Brand makes it non price sensitive since people know what HBO costs since forever. This enables Warnermedia to keep a higher price without driving away customers. Boomerang and DC Universe themselves cost 13$ a month if you subscribed independently, so those being added here is also great. Maybe TCM will also make its way here as a competitor to The Criterion Channel.

The positioning is really really well thought out.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Isn't Berlanti already with WB though? He's produced most of their DC shows.

Yeah but I'm gonna assume at least one of those four new movies involves him directing

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Getting Crunchyroll into this would be HUGE considering their library.

It has a lot of content in its library when it launches, so getting Crunchyroll in would be insane

Max Original series previously announced include:

• “Dune: The Sisterhood,” an adaptation of Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson’s book based in the world created by Frank Herbert’s book Dune, from director Denis Villeneuve
  • “Tokyo Vice,” based on Jake Adelstein’s non-fiction first-hand account of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police beat starring Ansel Elgort
  • “The Flight Attendant,” a one-hour thriller series based on the novel by Chris Bohjalian, which will star Kaley Cuoco, who is also executive producing alongside Greg Berlanti
  • “Love Life,” a 10-episode half-hour romantic comedy anthology series starring “Pitch Perfect” star Anna Kendrick, who will also executive produce alongside Paul Feig
  • “Station Eleven,” a postapocalyptic limited series based on Emily St. John Mandel’s international bestseller, adapted by Patrick Somerville and directed by Hiro Murai
  • “Made for Love,” a 10-episode, half-hour, straight-to-series adaptation based on the tragicomic novel of the same name by Alissa Nutting, also from Somerville and directed by S.J. Clarkson
  • “Gremlins,” an animated series from Warner Bros. Animation and Amblin Entertainment based on the original movie  

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

@Alli I was wrong, they WILL be making original film:

@CoolEric258 Looks like now that Fox2000 shut down, HBO Max is taking their boy Berlanti.

To be fair, Berlanti already signed up for an exclusive TV deal with WB a few months ago. In fact, Love Simon and the upcoming Free Guy are the only things Berlanti has done as a writer/producer that wasn't from WB IIRC

• Astonished 1

Oh wait, Variety says this will have Crunchyroll (and Rooster Teeth)

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/warnermedia-hbo-max-friends-exclusive-streaming-1203262335/

Overall, HBO Max will combine content from HBO with a slate of originals and programming from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment...Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and Looney Tunes.

Dang, WB is not playing when it comes to the streaming war. It's kind of sad that Disney vs. WB in streaming is looking to be more entertaining than Disney vs. WB in the box office.

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah but I'm gonna assume at least one of those four new movies involves him directing

It has a lot of content in its library when it launches, so getting Crunchyroll in would be insane

This is a good lineup

HBO Max brings together HBO, a Robust Slate of New Originals, and Programming from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes and More to offer Something for Everyone in the Home

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Seems like they are according to Warner Media's official statement. They are getting Rooster Teeth too (which is personally great for me since I watch Funhaus, one of their channels):

HBO Max brings together HBO, a Robust Slate of New Originals, and Programming from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes and More to offer Something for Everyone in the Home

• Astonished 1