Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

I see Shivampa is running wild with his new alt account.

yep, really annoying too.  Guess I may have to put out the old Ignore feature on this one 😛 

Is it just me, or are notifications a little borked after the latest board update?

Used to be I would get bold text on a new notification no matter what.  Now I'm getting bold on notifications if there is unread content in a thread but standard text if I have already read all the posts in a thread, even if the notification itself is new. This also means that my OLD notifications are getting bolded when new content is added to a thread, even after I've already seen them in the notification tab.

Doubt there's anything y'all can do about it, but it is slightly annoying to figure out just what is a new notification and what isn't.

Not a big deal, of course, and something I can get used to.  But thought I'd mention it all the same.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

I'm trying to move out of my home immediately. I'm tired of being treated like I'm brain dead by everyone around me including my family. I finally told them how much I despise them but they still don't take me seriously. Unfortunately I don't have a job anymore so I can't afford anywhere. I honestly don't care anymore and have just thought of taking my own life. The bad thing is though is that the ONLY family member that I do love (my elderly aunt that lives with me) is very sick and to be honest, shouldn't actually be at home. I can't drive so I'd be unable to take her to the places she needs to go (doctor, store, etc.). The reason I haven't tried to get a license or even look for a job is because I've been planning to off myself for a good while. But since my aunt is in such poor shape I can't do that. I don't have an education outside of highschool. I have no friends (except one in Japan).

What can I do? I just want to die tbh.

And no, this isn't a joke.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I'm sorry for wasting your time. I'll just check myself into the local mental place. 

I read it. I just don’t know what advice to give because I never been in that position before. I do hope you find the happiness whether you stay or move out. But you definitely need to get a job and take it Day by day 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

I'm trying to move out of my home immediately. I'm tired of being treated like I'm brain dead by everyone around me including my family. I finally told them how much I despise them but they still don't take me seriously. Unfortunately I don't have a job anymore so I can't afford anywhere. I honestly don't care anymore and have just thought of taking my own life. The bad thing is though is that the ONLY family member that I do love (my elderly aunt that lives with me) is very sick and to be honest, shouldn't actually be at home. I can't drive so I'd be unable to take her to the places she needs to go (doctor, store, etc.). The reason I haven't tried to get a license or even look for a job is because I've been planning to off myself for a good while. But since my aunt is in such poor shape I can't do that. I don't have an education outside of highschool. I have no friends (except one in Japan).

What can I do? I just want to die tbh.

And no, this isn't a joke.

I'm really sorry. I don't know what to say.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm really sorry. I don't know what to say.

It's ok. I shouldn't have posted this but I don't have anyone who actually wants to listen. I tried talking to family but they don't take it seriously. I've told them about my suicidal urges long ago but they treat it as nothing. I want them completely out of my life but they refuse to listen. The only way I can get true peace without dying is to try and get my (completely) own place. But I have no education past HS, I have a very bad fear of driving and my aunt not only needs someone to drive her but would also still want to see the other members of her family. 

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

Just now, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

It's ok. I shouldn't have posted this but I don't have anyone who actually wants to listen. I tried talking to family but they don't take it seriously. I've told them about my suicidal urges long ago but they treat it as nothing. I want them completely out of my life but they refuse to listen. The only way I can get true peace without dying is to try and get my (completely) own place. But I have no education past HS, I have a very bad fear of driving and my aunt not only needs someone to drive her but would also still want to see the other members of her family. 

You're a good person. Please stay safe!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Can you talk to your doctor? You can get referred to a psychologist or psychiatrist that you can talk to. That’s typically the longer route, but if you are having suicidal thoughts right now, or they’ve become frequent enough to the point you feel you might do something to harm yourself, you should call 911 now and go to your nearest ER. You’ll get to talk to someone, usually a psychiatrist or social worker, who can assess you for safety, help you develop a safety plan you can use when you have similar thoughts in the future, or admit you for safety and monitoring.

It sounds like you’ve been dealing with this for a while and haven’t been receiving support you need. I’d recommend going to the hospital or if you don’t feel comfortable with that, talking to your PCP. You can also get connected with a social worker who can help provide housing and employment options. Stay safe and keep us updated on what you decide to do. 

• Like 2