Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I know I already posted this in the US politics thread, but I'm going to post the original here as well because everyone needs to see the utter brillance of this tweet. :lol:

The legit underrated part is the total changing at the top from a Moore lead to a Jones lead at the very end. :rofl:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For everyone interested in the making off the first SW film and why it wasnt the big abomination many thought it would be. Also shows that often the true masterminds behind a movie are completely unknown to those watching it. 

• Like 1

Kinda worried about something that happened at school. Our teacher did not like that me and a few friends worked together to complete an assignment so she sent it into the academic integrity committee as plagiarism for a hearing. 

I understand that work should most most likely be done independently, but it was a combo of us making this assignment a last priority with everything else due that week, and none of us even did good on it just half-assed it to try and get a few marks. Now we have to go to a hearing next week where we might get stamped with something on our permanent record... I really don't know how to go about this😰😰😰

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Kinda worried about something that happened at school. Our teacher did not like that me and a few friends worked together to complete an assignment so she sent it into the academic integrity committee as plagiarism for a hearing. 

I understand that work should most most likely be done independently, but it was a combo of us making this assignment a last priority with everything else due that week, and none of us even did good on it just half-assed it to try and get a few marks. Now we have to go to a hearing next week where we might get stamped with something on our permanent record... I really don't know how to go about this😰😰😰

It's not the end of the world at all. Don't get too over-stressed about it, if possible.

It is a good reminder that if something is expected to be done on your own, you should do so.

Best of luck getting it resolved though!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

For everyone interested in the making off the first SW film and why it wasnt the big abomination many thought it would be. Also shows that often the true masterminds behind a movie are completely unknown to those watching it. 

a good watch

47 minutes ago, DAJK said:

High school or college?  Did you work together or did you each do a set and copy each other's answers?  Did the teacher say it had to be done solo?  Did the teacher confront you all before referring it?

No matter the answers, if you're a minor, I'd tell your parents and get their help and guidance.  If you're an adult (and this is college), I might try to get some guidance from people who know about this process and what to expect (and what to do)...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

That sucks, but these kinds of mistakes will happen as I often learned in school. Just take the punishment and hope for the best. I'd also suggest next time just doing it on your own. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

High school or college?  Did you work together or did you each do a set and copy each other's answers?  Did the teacher say it had to be done solo?  Did the teacher confront you all before referring it?

No matter the answers, if you're a minor, I'd tell your parents and get their help and guidance.  If you're an adult (and this is college), I might try to get some guidance from people who know about this process and what to expect (and what to do)...

We each did our work, but we were in the same room looking at the same websites as we did it. I understand that assignments should be done on your own for sure, and I know that that is wrong. But we were careful and made sure our own work was in there as well.

I am a minor and it is college. What I'm really scared of is that I'm going to school on scholarship right now and i have a few thousand lines up for next year, and am really scared I'm going to lose it over a simple twenty minute assignment that we helped each other out with because we were already together.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DAJK said:

We each did our work, but we were in the same room looking at the same websites as we did it. I understand that assignments should be done on your own for sure, and I know that that is wrong. But we were careful and made sure our own work was in there as well.

I am a minor and it is college. What I'm really scared of is that I'm going to school on scholarship right now and i have a few thousand lines up for next year, and am really scared I'm going to lose it over a simple twenty minute assignment that we helped each other out with because we were already together.

Then, I'd advise you tell the truth - you did all the written and submitted work independently, but since you were in the same place doing the work as your friends, you helped each other research more effectively by letting each other know good websites to peruse.  lf you had known this would have been considered plagiarism by the instructor, you would not have done that, but your understanding was and is that plagiarism is the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own...and you didn't do that.  In your mind, you thought it was like sharing a textbook with a friend who forgets theirs - providing the conduit for the info, but not the actual info or thoughts...although maybe you didn't think that through enough or didn't understand the teacher's expectations enough.    

• Like 5