Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Molly's Game is actually opening nearby on Monday. I'll probably just wait for it to hit my AMC in two weeks because the theater it's playing at isn't comfortable for long movies (anything over 2 hours is pushing it; I haven't been there since Civil War which left me SORE), but it's good to know I have an extra option if I run through Jumanji/Downsizing/Money/PP3/Showman :lol: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

The fact that this years Christmas movie, Bad Moms 2, has left my area a week before Christmas, and the other one, Daddys House 2's last day is Christmas Eve...what an lol. Literally a Christmas movie is leaving the theater on Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

The fact that this years Christmas movie, Bad Moms 2, has left my area a week before Christmas, and the other one, Daddys House 2's last day is Christmas Eve...what an lol. Literally a Christmas movie is leaving the theater on Christmas.

This year's Christmas is Star Wars.  They made the poster red to celebrate!

• Like 2

Damn dude, I don't know why I was expecting anything other than condescending, dismissive, and misogynistic commentary from a Rex Reed review, but that Shape of Water review was something else. He also took some pages from the Armond White Playbook by bemoaning the general critical consensus of the film, insisting that a lesser-known film tackled similar territory better, and taking digs at other critically-acclaimed films he disliked (gee, he wasn't a fan of Get Out?). But his biggest facepalm moment in this review has to be his reference to Sally Hawkins' disabled characters in two 2017 films as "defective creatures." Like, what the hell? Was it so hard to get through a review without throwing in some ableist shade too?

• Like 1

The worst part is the New York Observer probably just loves the free publicity. I'll be honest and say I probably wouldn't have any reason to care about the publication if it weren't for his infamy. He's enabled by the system where any contrarian film critic inevitably gets fifteen minutes of fame through their reviews.

1 hour ago, DARth DAR said:

I saw the review and yes it was very unprofessional.  On the other I could continue to not give a shit about Rex Reed.

Rex Reed has been dead to me since that Identity Thief review in which he used the whole thing just to trash Melissa McCarthy's appearance. It's best if everyone else would do the same.

• Like 1