Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good question: which of this year's Oscar-nominated actors are most likely to return? 

For example, I doubt Metcalf is ever gonna be in the conversation again.

Ronan will probably reach doble digits noms in her lifetime. I expect Timmy T to return plenty of times too.

Just now, Kraken said:

Ronan will probably reach doble digits noms in her lifetime. I expect Timmy T to return plenty of times too.

Agreed. Margot Robbie will definitely get additional nominations in the future too.

The one most likely to be an Oscar winner (who isn't already or about to be) someday of course is Woody Harrelson. It's only a matter of time.

Just now, filmlover said:

She and Denzel will definitely be back, obviously.

i don't know i guess they could all come back why the hell not? christopher plummer could be great in an english language remake of The 100 year old Man who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared when he's actually 100 for all we know.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yall really expect Ronan to keep getting nommed every 3 years like she's Streep?

I mean, she's at 3 already. We live in the future so let's give her another 150 years to get to 10 noms. That's, like, one nom every 20 years. Seems doable to me.

Watch from 37mins 50 seconds for the landing of the two mounted rockets, pretty big moment for reusable rockets and space travel.

Oh those things are 150ft tall by the way.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

She's 23 and already has 3 down. You don't think she can get 7 more in 40 years?

Only 5 actors have ever gotten to dbl digits so no I don't find it terribly likely