Dafriend of cinema

Jenkins

Harrelson

Rockwell

Manville

Blige

Spencer

Janney

Pretty fun that, almost across the board, my least favourite acting nominees are the ones who will probably win.

Just now, aabattery said:

If we're doing this;

Phantom Thread

Dunkirk

Get Out

CMBYN

Shape of Water

The Post

Darkest Hour 

Three Billboards

DDL

Denzel

Kaluuya

Timothēê

Oldman

Hawkins

Streep

McDormand

Robbie

Dafriend of cinema

Jenkins

Harrelson

Rockwell

Manville

Blige

Spencer

Janney

Stop it or I'll get ppl ranking in the Black Panther thread, I swear I will

• Like 1

ronan

streep 

mcdormand

sally hawkins in the trailer for shape of water

nancy kerrigan in the irl footage

margot robbie

dafoe

rockwell

plummer

harrelson (jesus this category)

metcalf

manville

blige

the bird on allison janney's shoulder

allison janney

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Honestly fuck my bio prof, she's a total fucking ----. EDIT; sorry I didn't know certain words were censored, will be more careful next time

I was at 97 percent in the course, and then I check this morning and I dropped 4 percent ...my bad I added it up wrong initially but it's 4 not 6 ... and I don't know why. So I checked and she had updated grades and apparently I ''scored'' pretty bad on my class participation and lab participation marks. How the fuck do you quantify participation other than they did or did not participate. But even if you want to, I DO participate, I'm always volunteering for the lab and in-class demos and always asking questions. It's so bullshit

So I put a message in the class group chat, and everyone else is saying ''Thank god for those participation marks they bumped me up to an A or B'' whatever their grade is. So seems like I'm the only one.

Problem is, how do you complain about that. Of course I can say it's unfair how I'm being graded, but because you can't really quantify participation out of a score of 20, she can just make up some bullshit excuse.

How do you fight the unquantifiable?  Quantify it...AND ask your professor to quantify it.

At this point, I would start a paper record, and ask the professor IN AN EMAIL for the justification behind your current participation grade.  Note the positive feedback you have always received from her for the feedback you have given in this email, and note that she may have confused your score with someone else's.  If she has not, you would like for her to explain WHY your current grades for this activity are so much lower than your grades for your tests and labs.  You would also like for her to explain HOW you can improve these grades b/c you always want to improve and make yourself better, so if she has feedback, you would love to hear it.  At this point, still try to stay non-confrontational b/c you need to use this email later on down the line if you seek a confrontation.  

Then, from now on, I would take notes on the number of times and quality of your participation in class and labs.  If allowed, literally record the classes and labs.  If not, have another student sign off as a witness to the record.  If the teacher has provided feedback on how you can improve, show exactly how you've improved based on her feedback in this documentation.

Then wait for the next assigned grade for these.  If she's still dogging you, present your record to her.  If she still doesn't change the grade, then file a complaint against her.  Use all of that paper and electronic documentation you have to your benefit.

It is no fun to live through this...I did it for one German class, and literally brought school regs to class when I was threatened with a zero for a quiz I had to miss that he scheduled on Good Friday (his only way to try to tank my grade enough to hurt)...he had dogged me all spring semester, and thought he had his chance...but once he knew I was serious enough to get regs and document, document, document...he backed off slightly and I only had to go back to the "unprofessional class comments" for the rest of the semester...I'm sure my class participation grade sucked, but with a 100 test score average, he couldn't drop me lower than an A (which is what I got - no A+ here)...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Alison Janney and Margot Robbie are Not Great, Bob. At least Three Billboards was an overrated movie with actual good performances (Rockwell was mehhhh af though)

Idk if Three Billboards is overrated or not, hard to really judge it artistically when it just makes me feel gross

• Like 2