Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, grim22 said:

Isn't June 14 basically sending it to die in Europe anyway as that is when the World Cup kicks off.

It is not gonna get released on June 14. It is just a random release date they have chosen before they can pull the trigger and cancel it officially. They are not gonna launch it 3 full months after the rest of the world and on the same weekend as Ocean's 8.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

:jeb!: 

Even stuff like Finest Hours got a theatrical release with a big marketing push (it was never released on DVD or Bluray lmao it bombed that hard). This is unheard of.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I really wanted to see it. It is shocking to think I will be forced to see it in my TV. I haven't seen any marketing for it except a few standees in theaters. The writing was on the wall for a while but I am still widly surprised anyway. A tentpole release from a big studio is not gonna get a theatrical release here. That is a first.

It is very odd, in fact. Did they just think that AWIT is hopeless here and decided to kick it out? Weird. How does the Tomorrowland, Lone Ranger, John Carter, etc. type usually do here?

That being said, if the marketing was dead (unsurprising, it's Disney Portugal/Iberia), maybe they just didn't see it worth the effort to put it in theaters. But it's still no less weird that they pulled it out.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It is very odd, in fact. Did they just think that AWIT is hopeless here and decided to kick it out? Weird. How does the Tomorrowland, Lone Ranger, John Carter, etc. type usually do here?

That being said, if the marketing was dead (unsurprising, it's Disney Portugal/Iberia), maybe they just didn't see it worth the effort to put it in theaters. But it's still no less weird that they pulled it out.

John Carter and Tomorrowland bombed. The Lone Ranger did ok. AWIT was gonna bomb hard as well but I am still surprised they didn't even tried.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Took me a really long time to realise Audrey was meant to be a girl in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore.

I realized the same thing while watching the film for the first time. The short haircut really makes her look a bit like a boy. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Portugal is racist, that is the reason. After 50 Shades defeated Black Panther, that gave them the cover.

Excuse me, what did you just say? That actually happened? Your ass is grass, Portugal, and I'm the lawnmower. 

• Like 2

literally was keeping doing lines while my mates were here. Then my friend left and my housemate turned up and I kept doing lines. Now she's gone.... I don't know why I keep doing lines. There's noone to talk to or party with. literally no reason to do it. but I can't stop unless someone tellls me. soeone just pls tell em to stop, any reason