Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, Telehilation said:

Dick's Sporting News stepping up like a boss. 

I don't think people realize just how HUGE this is. If you're not American or familiar with Dicks, they are basically the Disneyland of the sports, athletic, and hunting world. I remember the joy when we got our Dicks. They have a location in all lower 48 states, and they are big and influential enough to make other companies squirm. Man this is huge.

Hopefully people can stop saying "if nothing was done after Sandy Hook..." now because clearly people are finally reacting. I wouldn't be worried about Dicks' sales either. This is the same thing that happened when stores pulled the confederate flag. Everyone and their mom vowed to boycott Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc, and ruin them, yet 3 years later and their sales are just fine, if not better. Like those folks were really gonna leave Walmart, get real, nothing but grandstanding...

Glad Delta, United, Enterprise, Hertz, etc, are now taking a stand for the right cause. Don't be a Papa Johns. Their sales still have been down since they made their anthem comments, and they just lost their NFL sponsorship to their main rival, Pizza Hut. Keep an eye on Fedex.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Hopefully people can stop saying "if nothing was done after Sandy Hook..." now because clearly people are finally reacting. I wouldn't be worried about Dicks' sales either.

One other element that was I am not sure not talked this time, usually after those events gun maker/seller stock get a bump, people buying fearing legislation while the market are not fearing them. This time the little bump was very short lived and they are going down since, market is fearing consequence and does not have that if nothing was done before, nothing will now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

@Jandrew is right: Dua Lipa is AWESOME

Yeah I don't listen to whole albums like that, but man, her new one is just hit after hit. She doesn't have that typical pop-radio sound or manufactured energy, and dat voice, I love it. And she's fine. IDGAF, New Rules, Dreams, Be The One, Lost in Your Light, Blow Your Mind, New Love, etc it just doesnt stop.

And about Post Malone, he's probably going to have another #1 song in 1-2 weeks. I don't get it, but hey I'm no hater, do your thing, but he's no second coming so stop that nonsense folks. Found out he actually has a concert here in a few months so maybe it's fate lol.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I don't think people realize just how HUGE this is. If you're not American or familiar with Dicks, they are basically the Disneyland of the sports, athletic, and hunting world. I remember the joy when we got our Dicks. They have a location in all lower 48 states, and they are big and influential enough to make other companies squirm. Man this is huge.

Hopefully people can stop saying "if nothing was done after Sandy Hook..." now because clearly people are finally reacting. I wouldn't be worried about Dicks' sales either. This is the same thing that happened when stores pulled the confederate flag. Everyone and their mom vowed to boycott Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc, and ruin them, yet 3 years later and their sales are just fine, if not better. Like those folks were really gonna leave Walmart, get real, nothing but grandstanding...

Glad Delta, United, Enterprise, Hertz, etc, are now taking a stand for the right cause. Don't be a Papa Johns. Their sales still have been down since they made their anthem comments, and they just lost their NFL sponsorship to their main rival, Pizza Hut. Keep an eye on Fedex.

FedEx apparently has some insider deals with gun manufacturers, which explains why they’ve been reticent so far. Hopefully that changes with some consumer pressure. I know I won’t use them again until they do the right thing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Don't sleep on Call Me by Your Name. And The Florida Project may have just gotten one nomination but watch it anyway to see why it should have gotten like seven more. 

Name not really my cup of tea, but I plan on getting on Florida Project pretty soon once I get a little more free time.

6 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

FedEx apparently has some insider deals with gun manufacturers, which explains why they’ve been reticent so far. Hopefully that changes with some consumer pressure. I know I won’t use them again until they do the right thing. 

Yeah they lost me after they tried the "we have dozens of partners and dont want to single out one" excuse. Yes you can. If you're a chicken restaurant, you're going to say "we will stop buying from any farm that uses antibiotics", not "All farms are what make our restaurant work and removing one wont affect our food."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

but if you buy online, they choose the shipper no? 

Unless you are talking about you shipping something. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

but if you buy online, they choose the shipper no? 

Unless you are talking about you shipping something. 

I'm talking about me personally. There's a FedEx/Kinko's not too far from me that I've used regularly for photocopying, printing, shipping, etc. No mas.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

What are the assignments exactly? Are they other exams? If so, that's a lot of weight put into the midterm.

Assignments are just 1 page worksheets so they're pretty small. The exams are worth a lot, I think two mid terms and final total are like 80% of the course mark.

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

This happened to me in a college Math course - my solution - raise your hand and ask "how" she got her answer and if she can go over the "how and why" step by step.  A lot of Math professors just seem to think this stuff is obvious, and if you're clueless, other class members are probably clueless.  And the worst thing that happens is she ignores you and you have to do the same at office hours vs in class hours...

Exactly. This lady seems like such a nice person and she would really want to help students as best she can. But she just can explain a single thing and is pretty bad at teaching

• Like 3

Well U of Illinois is probably off my list. Graduate teachers are striking and classes being cancelled, and apparently they've had this strike/threat of strike problem before recently. This is too big of an investment to move halfway across the country then have classes cancelled for a picket, even if the strikers have a valid point. Need more stability, and their sports suck.

Withdrew from my class :) 

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Assignments are just 1 page worksheets so they're pretty small. The exams are worth a lot, I think two mid terms and final total are like 80% of the course mark.

Exactly. This lady seems like such a nice person and she would really want to help students as best she can. But she just can explain a single thing and is pretty bad at teaching

If you're at 98% and they're worth that much, just stick with it. It'll be hard for you to get below a B, and anything in the C-range is basically impossible. I assume your school has tutoring available; if you get lost in the class, go to them.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

The Marvel Shows started out strong with Daredevil 1 and Jessica Jones 1, now they’re near unwatchable.  What happened?

I tried starting the different series and stopped, they weren’t good

They were Permulterized