Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dallas Buyers Club is enjoyable, but damn is the narrative messy. The ending is super random and almost like the stop button was pressed. McConaughey is fantastic in it at least ( @CoolioD1 is right about Leto being trash though; how tf did he win?)

What's next on your Oscar catch-up list, youngling?

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Dallas Buyers Club is enjoyable, but damn is the narrative messy. The ending is super random and almost like the stop button was pressed. McConaughey is fantastic in it at least ( @CoolioD1 is right about Leto being trash though; how tf did he win?)

especially since there's such a push for trans characters to be played by trans actors now i genuinely believe that performance in 30 years is gonna have the reputation of mickey rooney in breakfast at tiffany's or something like that. just something we're all gonna be embarrassed about.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Treetanic said:

Life of Brian showing at a cinema near me... sounds good. Then I go to pay for the ticket and it's £14.10 ($20), that's before you have to pay £10.80 ($15) for parking because there's no free parking in the city. Why is everything so expensive... whereas new releases that come to local multiplex, I can watch as many as I want ($25/month), and free parking. Feels ridiculous to pay this much to see an old re-release.

Ooooooooh Where's that at??? 

29 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Ooooooooh Where's that at??? 

Picturehouse Cambridge on Easter Monday. It's in a small screen though. On the other hand comedies are always best experienced with a crowd.

Edit: now that I've typed the day out I've just realised why it's showing. Lmao

Edited by Treetanic

3 minutes ago, Treetanic said:

Picturehouse Cambridge on Easter Monday. It's in a small screen though. On the other hand comedies are always best experienced with a crowd.

Edit: now that I've typed the day out I've just realised why it's showing. Lmao

Where the hell do you park in Cambridge that makes it so expensive 😂

I'm going through YLT's back catalogue right now. The vocals fit better with their earlier more free-form rock work, but I still remember when I discovered I'll Be Around  through the Austin makeout scene in Boyhood how disappointed I was that the off-key vocals intruded on that lovely acoustic guitar riff. 

Edited by tribefan695

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The first quarter of 2018 isn't even over yet and already we have three movies that are essentially locked to make BOT's Top 25 (Black Panther, Annihilation, and Love, Simon). @WrathOfHan give us your guesses as to what fills the other 22 spots ASAP.

Yeah, Love Simon ain't locked.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

especially since there's such a push for trans characters to be played by trans actors now i genuinely believe that performance in 30 years is gonna have the reputation of mickey rooney in breakfast at tiffany's or something like that. just something we're all gonna be embarrassed about.

for sure not gonna take 30 years