Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Encore by Anderson East is easy the best album I've listened to thus far this year.  I guess Kacey Musgraves and J Cole can battle it out for second but I wouldn't say I love either one of those 

Interesting considering you had her as your icon for a while :thinking: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Interesting considering you had her as your icon for a while :thinking: 

That was me hyping leading up to the album. It  kinda underwhelmed me. Few great songs on there but probably her weakest album

@Jandrew you got any takes on the J Cole?

I've been trying, but it's been hard to get into. It's just, slower. And other music has stolen my attention lately. 2014 Forest Hills Drive and Born Sinner are great, and that's the type of J Cole I prefer: teetering on the line of radio-friendly yet underappreciated by the mainstream.

No Role Models, Wet Dreams, Neighbors, Work Out, Apparently, Deja Vu, Power Trip, Crooked Smile, and She Knows are my favorite J Cole tracks.

Just now, Jandrew said:

I've been trying, but it's been hard to get into. It's just, slower. And other music has stolen my attention lately. 2014 Forest Hills Drive and Born Sinner are great, and that's the type of J Cole I prefer: teetering on the line of radio-friendly yet underappreciated by the mainstream.

No Role Models, Wet Dreams, Neighbors, Work Out, Apparently, Deja Vu, Power Trip, Crooked Smile, and She Knows are my favorite J Cole tracks.

Yeah 2014 Forrest Hill Drive is totally his best album. (and Wet Dreamz his best song. That shit rules hard.) but i like the lyrical content on this one for the most part so it works for me.

Since yall are talking about albums: you need to get on Sremm Life 3. I'll say it loud and clear: Rae Sremmurd/Swae/Jimmy are better than Migos, especially the new caricatured/frat house Migos.

Rae Sremmurd has made consistent hit after hit for the last few years and they've also started diversifying their sound ie. Guatemala, which is something you don't see many artists do these days. They've also been putting more substance into their songs and their raps and vocals are actually telling a story, especially compared to Migos, who just say any randomness and put woo woo ad libs over it.

Get on Sremm Life 3, get on Swae and Jimmy period. They are definitely one of most the underrated acts out there, eventhough they had a #1 (which still hasn't gotten old). Bedtime Stories is my new jam on repeat. Get on it.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Since yall are talking about albums: you need to get on Sremm Life 3. I'll say it loud and clear: Rae Sremmurd/Swae/Jimmy are better than Migos, especially the new caricatured/frat house Migos.

Rae Sremmurd has made consistent hit after hit for the last few years and they've also started diversifying their sound ie. Guatemala, which is something you don't see many artists do these days. They've also been putting more substance into their songs and their raps and vocals are actually telling a story, especially compared to Migos, who just say any randomness and put woo woo ad libs over it.

Get on Sremm Life 3, get on Swae and Jimmy period. They are definitely one of most the underrated acts out there, eventhough they had a #1 (which still hasn't gotten old). Bedtime Stories is my new jam on repeat. Get on it.

I'll try to listen to it next 

• Like 1

I'll try to listen to it next 

It's a unique album, it's really 3 albums in 1. Sremm Life 3, Swaecation, and Jxmtro, but it's basically treated as one. Not only is it fire and full of ammo for the club like their last albums, but their lyrical content and themes have matured greatly. 

36 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2018 albums ranked:

Black Panther

My Dear Melancholy,

Culture II

beerbongs and bentleys

Invasion of Privacy

The World Is Yours

Man of the Woods

Lil Boat 2

I've only listened to one album in its entirety :kitschjob:

• Haha 1