Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Depends.  What’s the movie and what are your other movie options?

i mean I was gonna say Hereditary since she likes horror movies

and it's also something I wanna see

Edited by Ethan Hunt

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

If it means a lot to her and she never asks you for stuff like that then just bite the bullet and do it for her. It's nice to do stuff like that for each other from time to time in a relationship. Also, if you end up doing it, make sure not to whine about every single detail in the movie and ruin her night, that's just stupid.

Now, if she always asks you to do stuff like that for her then sure, try to see if you guys can do something else instead.

disclaimer: Relationship advice from me should be taken with a giant grain of salt.

I mean if she really wants to see Adrift I'll go. And I certainly wouldn't complain if there wasn't gonna be so many other things I'm interested out. But she usually just suggests a random movie as a vehicle for us to hang out. So I'm trying to assess how much she actually cares about the movie 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I mean if she really wants to see Adrift I'll go. And I certainly wouldn't complain if there wasn't gonna be so many other things I'm interested out. But she usually just suggests a random movie as a vehicle for us to hang out. So I'm trying to assess how much she actually cares about the movie 

Man stop being a bitch and see Adrift. A lot of people on here like it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Man stop being a bitch and see Adrift. A lot of people on here like it.

I'm either seeing Adrift, Ocean's 8 or Hereditary this weekend.

I need to catch up on my movie going this year, I've been slacking.

Haven't seen

A Quiet Place

Paddington 2

Isle of Dogs

Tully

Ready Player One

Early Man

Blockers

Usane

Chappaquidick

Love, Simon

Upgrade

Wrinkle in Time

Rampage

I have seen Death of Stalin though, so that's neat.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Astonished 1

35 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Haven't seen

A Quiet Place

Paddington 2

Isle of Dogs

Tully

Ready Player One

Early Man

Blockers

Usane

Chappaquidick

Love, Simon

Upgrade

Wrinkle in Time

Rampage

You can probably skip Early Man, Wrinkle in Time and Rampage

I came across this article today about ocean baths in Sydney.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-07/sydneys-ocean-pools-who-built-them/9808500

I hadn't really thought about it because they've always been a part of the coastline in NSW but they're actually more unique then I had thought.  There's over a 100 along the coastline in NSW.

9840614-3x2-700x467.jpg

beaches-and-pools_coalcliff.jpg+w=549

1370431841.jpg

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, franfar said:

was the forum's text size altered?

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Yes, it seems to be smaller. Not enjoying that myself.

Strangely enough, it's larger on my system (Google Chrome, OS X).

And I know for a fact it's larger on my system at least, as my presale stat blocks are taking up more space on my computer screen.

The last one above is Newcastle Oceans Baths.  In summer when we went back to Newcastle over Christmas we use to swim there quite regularly.  It's actually where we were during the 1989 Newcastle Earthquake.  Nobody at the baths actually felt the earthquake so it was quite a surprise to notice the nearby Hospital being evacuated.

You can see the circular baths in the background.

6475-max

King tide.

filename-120606-newcastleocean.jpg

• Like 1

Did a double feature of Mission Impossible and Mission Impossible II tonight.  Both are solid movies. 

MI2 is the coolest movie ever btw.  Nothing about that movie is uncool.  Try thinking of something in that film that makes you think "damn, that's not cool."  You can't.  Impossible task.

• Like 1

if I am awake after 16-18 hours without doing much, I get pretty lucid in the mind and the lucidness keeps growing until potential meltdowns are popping up everywhere and it feels like you are skating on ice and have to put yourself to sleep. 

maybe i could handle being awake 24 hours on a double work shift without being concerned too much for thought communication discipline because of the demand of physical adrenaline for such a task. 

for me, if i am awake after 24 hours, I would have to make sure I do not start making appointments, creating difficult goals, and sign up for things i know i will not follow through on,  before finally crashing from mind and body fatigue.

13 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Well I went to my first strip club tonight so that was something

Have any fun at least?:Venom:

Honestly I have no desire to ever visit a strip club. Just not my kind of entertainment

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I started watching Impulse on YouTube and thought this is just like Jumper. Then Doug Liman’s name popped up as a producer and it clicked.  

It’s a sequel about the daughter, right? Is it any good?

30 minutes ago, AJG said:

It’s a sequel about the daughter, right? Is it any good?

Just finished the first episode. Pretty good so far.  I haven’t  read anything about it so I’m not sure yet how it relates to Jumper.