Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I think after this season I'll be done with Westworld. Dolores, Maeve, Bernard all became boring characters and Ed Harris' family was the only interesting thing this season (Sela Ward is such a pretty woman, I almost watched Independence Day 2 because of her).

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Is Westworld good, I want to get into it. 

i liked the first season. it's dumber than it thinks it is for sure but had a good time with it. i'm a stan for the majority of the cast tho (ed harris, erw, marsden, wright, newton, hopkins) which kinda helps. i'll watch the second season when it finishes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 Everyone on TV saying Bruno de Carvalho is toast while all I see is people supporting him. Now just watch he actually pull it off and win. The Donald Trump of soccer indeed.

A snake always has its loyal children, my friend. In a shocking amount of people's minds, BdC FdP will always be right and will always be their president. Let's hope he NEVER runs for the actual Portugal presidency.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Is Westworld good, I want to get into it.

I liked the first season a lot.  The second season I like it.  But I have to admit I'm pretty confused most of the time

• Like 2

Crazy-Ex Girlfriend doesn’t come back till October (and LAST SEASON sad)

The Good Place isn’t back until November

Kimmy Schmidt isn’t back until January (and LAST SEASON double sad, at least it’s probably getting a movie too)

And Game of Thrones and Stranger Things aren’t back until sometime next year!

Idek if Master of None will come back, and they took It’s Always Sunny off of Netflix.

Im wanting to binge something but not sure what, these are shows I thought about starting/repicking up:

I liked Handmaids Tale Season 1, but im not sure if I’m up for watching another 10 hours of Trump’s America

Ive heard Westworld is good, but can’t get inspired to watch it.

Gave up on Bojack halfway through season 1 a month ago

Dont really like any of the superhero shows (beyond the first season of Jessica Jones and Daredevil).  But I’ve heard some of the CW stuff is good.

Ive tried Veep, but didn’t get past season 1

Ive watched some of Black Mirror, maybe I’ll get to it at some point.

Dear White People, New Girl and Jane the Virgin are two that I’m leaning more towards giving a try.

I’m feeling like I want to watch another show that feels pretty light and easy but still has a darker edge to it (like Kimmy, The Good Place and Crazy Ex).  I also find Female lead comedy shows to be more watchable for whatever reason, so that’s a plus.

Anything on Netflix, HBO GO, or Hulu I can waycj

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Kimmy Schmidt isn’t back until January (and LAST SEASON double sad, at least it’s probably getting a movie too)

Idek if Master of None will come back, and they took It’s Always Sunny off of Netflix.

Im wanting to binge something but not sure what, these are shows I thought about starting/repicking up:

I liked Handmaids Tale Season 1, but im not sure if I’m up for watching another 10 hours of Trump’s America

Dont really like any of the superhero shows (beyond the first season of Jessica Jones and Daredevil).  But I’ve heard some of the CW stuff is good.

Dear White People, New Girl and Jane the Virgin are two that I’m leaning more towards giving a try.

I’m feeling like I want to watch another show that feels pretty light and easy but still has a darker edge to it (like Kimmy, The Good Place and Crazy Ex).  I also find Female lead comedy shows to be more watchable for whatever reason, so that’s a plus.

Netflix I’m pretty much sticking to it’s documentaries.  The Toys that Made Us is fun.  Wild Wild Country was good.  Currently watching the Staircase.

On HBO so far I’ve been liking Succession

I missed you said light and easy.  Most of what I said doesn’t qualify 

Edited by DAR
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

BARRY

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DAR said:

Is it me or was Season 2 of Luke Cage released with a bit of a whimper?

I didn’t even know it was releasing.

I haven’t watched any of the marvel shows since the first Luke Cage actually

2 hours ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Season 2 of Handmaid's is brutal. I'm glad Hulu only releases new episodes one at a time because bingeing that much misery would be tough. But it's still really good.

Don't give up on BoJack! Season 1's back half is significantly stronger and the subsequent seasons are great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Incredible Panda said:

The Flash is EXCELLENT.  Arrow is taxing AF.  I have a Season Pass to Black Lightning, but haven't watched yet.  Heard great things. Legends of Tomorrow is fun, but you should watch The Flash first.

Also RIVERDALE.  Teh DraMA.

• Like 1