Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

While seeing Sorry to Bother You today (very good - and very bonkers - movie), I see an ad before it started touting that Across the Universe will be returning to theaters at the end of the month a year late in celebrating its 10th anniversary in an obvious attempt at trying to siphon money off of Mamma Mia 2 bringing jukebox musicals back to the theater.

@MrPink they picked the wrong movie to bring back to theaters to celebrate the 10th anniversary. How can you stand for this?

So I finally watched Fantastic Mr Fox and Isle of Dogs. Sign me up for more Wes Anderson stop motion films please. Also rewatched Finding Nemo and Finding Dory back to back. Nemo obviously holds up as a great film but Dory surprisingly also ended up being better than I remembered. 

Yeah been rather hard past few days...

Wednesday my mom who appeared to have as simple throat infection has cancer and its really taken all of us in a great shock as overall she is rather healthy. 

It is rather serious but the doctors think there is a way out as its not stage 4 it seems, but its been rather hard really because she is only 53 and we had no idea really.

Hope for the best but its the most trying moment of my life so far :( 

• Sad 7

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Wednesday my mom who appeared to have as simple throat infection has cancer and its really taken all of us in a great shock as overall she is rather healthy. 

It is rather serious but the doctors think there is a way out as its not stage 4 it seems, but its been rather hard really because she is only 53 and we had no idea really.

I am sorry to hear that man. Been dealing with something similar as well. 

My dad is not that old too and he been having brain issues and the f*cking neurologists can't figure it out so been having to go to different ones.

Supposedly better but they just want to do more tests and even my dad is like f*ck this and let me just live.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I am sorry to hear that man. Been dealing with something similar as well. 

My dad is not that old too and he been having brain issues and the f*cking neurologists can't figure it out so been having to go to different ones.

Supposedly better but they just want to do more tests and even my dad is like f*ck this and let me just live.

The issue is that it seems you are fine and then it can go all downhill pretty fast. 

if we waited a few more months it would have been 100% fetal. 

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

The issue is that it seems you are fine and then it can go all downhill pretty fast. 

if we waited a few more months it would have been 100% fetal. 

Damn man I am sorry. If you guys need some connections at Mass General, Mayo, etc let me know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Really sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your family.

Edited by Jayhawk

first reformed is good. ethan hawke needs to chill though maybe not be such a bummer. should've watched some parks and rec that always cheers me up. maybe tried yoga or tai chi or something to relax himself. wonder why no one told him to do those things massive plot hole imo.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

first reformed is good. ethan hawke needs to chill though maybe not be such a bummer. should've watched some parks and rec that always cheers me up. maybe tried yoga or tai chi or something to relax himself. wonder why no one told him to do those things massive plot hole imo.

I feel like you're giving us a warning.  Are these all things The Futurist will genuinely criticize the movie for?

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I feel like you're giving us a warning.  Are these all things The Futurist will genuinely criticize the movie for?

Why would he watch it? It's not an MCU movie or has Jennifer Lawrence in it.

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Why would he watch it? It's not an MCU movie or has Jennifer Lawrence in it.

just means he'll ragewatch it so he can come in here with another monologue about pretentious cinephile snobs or whatever. although First Reformed was small enough that it might not get his attention. maybe if it resurfaces come awards season.

i just used an alt twitter account to tell A24 that Ethan Hawke needed to take what i refer to as a 'chill pill', and needed to 'chillax' which is a fun portmanteau of chill and relax that i've just come up with. anyway they blocked me again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2