Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

new doctor who was pretty good. jodie whittaker is solid so far.

Do I need to watch Capaldi's last season or can I go in without seeing it? I haven't watched the show in a few years and could use a good return to it.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Do I need to watch Capaldi's last season or can I go in without seeing it? I haven't watched the show in a few years and could use a good return to it.

capaldi's my personal fave but i guess it's not totally necessary. every regeneration that comes w/ a new showrunner like this one generally acts as a soft reboot.

• Thanks 1

• Community Manager

Rockies eliminated. Brewers advance.

Hopefully, Dodgers can beat the Braves today. 

I guess we then take on the Brewers. 

At least the Red Sox series is tied but I think they play in New York next? Yikes. 

The dumb Astros will probably beat the racist Indians. Well okay then.

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

At least the Red Sox series is tied but I think they play in New York next? Yikes. 

082218_white_stare.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

@MrPink

090418_hou_bregman_james_harden_1.gif

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

• Like 1

Watched Day of the Soldado.  Doesn’t come in spitting distance of the first.  Still has a good first hour and Del Toro always is interesting to watch.  It just sneaks over the three star border for me

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

All those in SoCal look to the west just after sunset this evening. 

Oh, is THAT what that was? I thought I saw something weird up in NorCal around 7:30pm or so when I was driving home.

Decided to watch Pitch Perfect 3 on HBO because I’ve been meaning to get around to it for months. JESUS. This is one of the worst movies I’ve watched in a while. There is no structure to be found in here; it’s either bow down to DJ Khaled (I lmao’d when they had to exposition dump who he was. Yeah, I bet the film’s target audience has no idea who he is) or give John Lithgow his money. Like damn. I know you couldn’t repeat the first film’s formula a third time, but maybe that would’ve been better than what we got.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I love all of the “Did you see the UFO?” tweets. 

@Porthos It would have been pretty far to the south for you. 

No, that was it.  Lots of tweets from Sacto:

The second tweet is pretty much exactly what I saw, but from a slightly different angle than that shot.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

I was browsing the internet to try and find some place where you could discuss aspects of faith.

Apparently these are rules on the Christian Forums

"CF has taken the stand that marriage was established by God who created us male and female (Genesis 1:27-28). We regard marriage as a sacred institution that symbolizes the mysterious bond between Christ and His church (Ephesians 5:23-24, Ephesians 5:32). We believe that marriage is much more than a civil contract between two persons, it is a sacred joining together of a man and a woman into one flesh, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." (Genesis 2:21-25). Therefore, we only recognize heterosexual marriages here at CF. If you are in a same sex marriage you must select a marital status of either "Legal Union (Other)" or "Private" in your profile."

There's a statement of faith you must adhere to in order to participate in some of the forums

Spoiler

There are forums reserved for Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). Unorthodox, non-Nicene Christian theology may only be discussed in the Controversial Theology forum.

You aren't allowed to state "promotion" of homosexuality (and their definition of promotion includes a statement of inclusion

You also aren't allowed to "promote" any other religion, so if you're a Christian who has a multiple paths to salvation route, you're not allowed to share that belief pretty much.  Also, satanists aren't allowed period lol (no idea how they enforce that).

You are not allowed to speculate about the end of the world

You are not allowed to talk about exorcising demons

If you're an unorthodox Christian (me) you are only allowed to discuss your views in the "Controversial Theology" forum, you aren't even allowed to discuss Gnosticism, or debate the authority of Paul (lol at them saying Paul but not like Jesus lol, maybe it's because Paul is the one who included the anti-homosexuality verses)

Spoiler

Unorthodox Christian theology may only be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum. These unorthodox topics do not directly oppose the Nicene Creed, but are not considered to be orthodox on CF. These unorthodox topics may not contradict the Nicene Creed. Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Outreach category forums. Gnosticism may not be discussed in any CF forums. 

I don't get the point of have an internet forum over a broad topic (Christianity) and then trying to apply strict rules over what people can discuss and how they represent themselves.  Truth shouldn't be afraid of investigation, yet most Christians seem to be incredibly scared of asking any questions about what they believe.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, dtairdryZid said:

Today's predictions.

COL - 4

MIL - 3

ATL - 5

LAD - 3

grading today's predictions...

Milwaukee - 6    0/10 points

Rockies - 0

Atlanta - 6  8/10 points