Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Go to a college where studios give advance screenings!

lol that's neat. Only time I've ever gone to one of those was when I won passes to see La La Land before it even opened in NY/LA and it was a lot of fun since they had trivia and stuff before the movie. I assume the same happens at those.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol that's neat. Only time I've ever gone to one of those was when I won passes to see La La Land before it even opened in NY/LA and it was a lot of fun since they had trivia and stuff before the movie. I assume the same happens at those.

Every advance screening I’ve been to just has a still image of the poster before the film begins IIRC

I've been to a couple advance screenings myself. Some were fun (Edge of 17, First Man), some not as much (Life Itself). I was almost going to go to a Pet Sematary screening, but something popped up last-minute, so I couldn't go (maybe it was a sign from God not to see it)

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I've been to a couple advance screenings myself. Some were fun (Edge of 17, First Man), some not as much (Life Itself). I was almost going to go to a Pet Sematary screening, but something popped up last-minute, so I couldn't go (maybe it was a sign from God not to see it)

Wait, what wasn't fun about the Roger Ebert documentary?

Having been to quite a few advanced screenings, most are for press reviews and all have elements of WOM building (which is why the tickets are free) though most are simply a screening of the movie, like what Han is saying. Sometimes you get interviews with cast/creators. Crowds are as excited and enthusiastic as any you will see, since A. they overbook so it's pretty much a guaranteed full house B. because of that people have waited up to hours in line to see the movie to ensure they get a spot C. tends to be a more fanbase crowd for that movie and D. it's a free fucking movie. I've seen a few Marvel movies early and the crowds have been on another level. The best ones I've been to from a crowd perspective are probably Creed and Get Out, audience went crazy for both to an extent I have never really seen during a standard showing. Like there was literally people giving standing ovations during the movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

:jeb!: 

Yo what the fuck???

The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl 2005

★ Added 16 May, 2019 4

The kid from Twilight before puberty and some girl he was probably throwing his hot dog down the hallway, but not in 3d anymore so why even care anyways

Tolkien 2019

★ Added 14 May, 2019 14

This guy got his weiner massaged in Jennifer Lawrences vagina

Aquaman 2018

★ Added 13 May, 2019 5

My kids love it because they are children

Alita: Battle Angel 2019

½ Added 06 Apr, 2019 13

Her eyes ruin the movie. The real actress also much chunkier. CGI overload turns it into a lame cartoon for children and mongoloids.

Edit:

Chunky, chunky, chunky, chunky, chunky

I don't like them big, I don't like them chunky
(Chunky)
I don't like them big, I don't like them plumpy
(Plumpy)

I don't like them round, with something, something
(Something)
They like my films, they think Uwe Boll funky
(Funky)

My name is Uwe Boll, yeah, say it
Say it, girl, Uwe Boll
Say it again, Uwe Boll

• ...wtf 1

We did the advanced screening of Civil War, and it was such a blast.  I went into like 90% unspoiled.  It's why I am so hardcore about no spoilers.  Watching that airport fight unspoiled was such a high.  I, alas, didn't get to the Black Panther one.  

@CoolEric258

Bwahaha, That is 1000% accurate of MCU Tony and Steve.  Dying.

Caught up on the weekend thread hoping getting thread banned for inadvertently spoiling the family movie version of Happy Death Day that no one here except maybe one person was gonna see hoping it led to a bunch of dog-related memes but alas, everybody started posting joke spoilers about other movies and ignoring the dog one. Was worth taking the L just to prove that BOT really does hate dogs after all! The Cats movie thread being bigger than the threads for both dog movies this year combined before a trailer has even been released is the cherry on top.

Related image

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Also @CoolEric258 the trailer has landed for that shelved (here, at least) Woody Allen movie starring Timmy opening in certain countries later this year. Was probably for the best tbh. This would've bombed as badly as Wonder Wheel did, if not even worse.

Not even gonna look at the trailer for two seconds.

It's too bad Elle Fanning can't seem to catch a break since she hasn't appeared a movie that anyone has actually seen since the first Maleficent half a decade ago. Maybe her sister (who seems to be on a nice run right now between appearing in Emmy-nominated limited series and landing a major role in Tarantino's newest movie) can set her up with something.