Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Bruce Willis was in 8 movies in 2021? And all of them were DTV trash? Man, hard to believe Moonrise Kingdom and Looper were almost a decade ago.

Razzie Awards 2022 Nominations Nominees List – The Hollywood Reporter

I just discovered the whole world of "geezer teasers" last month and watched a few. Any awards watcher bellyaching about Belfast/King Richard/Being the Ricardos/etc. being the worst of the year really needs to watch Hard Kill or Cosmic Sin and that ilk. Just generic action in one location for an hour thirty while Bruce films all his scenes sitting in an office or a limo. The actual star is Jesse Metcalfe or Chad Michael Murray or some other C-lister doing the heavy lifting. Many are produced by a guy who was engaged to Lala from Vanderpump Rules and he put her in a bunch of them. True garbage.

LOL, Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly started the grand love affair on one of these things.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

13 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I just discovered the whole world of "geezer teasers" last month and watched a few. Any awards watcher bellyaching about Belfast/King Richard/Being the Ricardos/etc. the worst of the year really needs to forced to watch Hard Kill or Cosmic Sin and that ilk.

LOL, Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly started the grand love affair on one of these things.

I had to look up all of these Bruce Willis movies to be sure they weren't the same thing and surprisingly they weren't despite some cast overlap with some of them. Chad Michael Murray starred in two of the eight movies (they've made three movies together in the past two years!), with Jesse Metcalfe joining them in one of them because why work with one forgotten 2000s hunk when you can have two, I suppose?

Edited by filmlover

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I had to look up all of these Bruce Willis movies to be sure they weren't the same thing and surprisingly they weren't despite some cast overlap with some of them. Chad Michael Murray starred in two of the eight movies (they've made three movies together in the past two years!), with Jesse Metcalfe joining them in one of them because why work with one forgotten 2000s hunk when you can have two, I suppose?

Despite both starring Bruce Willis and Chad Michael Murray, Survive the Game (2021) is not a sequel or related to Survive the Night (2020). The whole cheap action movie industry is really something:

On 2/7/2022 at 10:46 AM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I just discovered the whole world of "geezer teasers" last month and watched a few. Any awards watcher bellyaching about Belfast/King Richard/Being the Ricardos/etc. being the worst of the year really needs to watch Hard Kill or Cosmic Sin and that ilk. Just generic action in one location for an hour thirty while Bruce films all his scenes sitting in an office or a limo. The actual star is Jesse Metcalfe or Chad Michael Murray or some other C-lister doing the heavy lifting. Many are produced by a guy who was engaged to Lala from Vanderpump Rules and he put her in a bunch of them. True garbage.

True, but the thing is that people expected more from movies like Being The Ricardos; they were exepecting nothing from DTV action movies. Like so much else, it's all about expectations.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Fox? I thought they were done with the entertainment industry? 

They still pump out stuff mostly designed to appease their niche Fox News audience. They just don't own anything actually of value anymore after all the good stuff was handed over to King Mickey in the 20th Century sale.

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Fox? I thought they were done with the entertainment industry? 

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They still pump out stuff mostly designed to appease their niche Fox News audience. They just don't own anything actually of value anymore after all the good stuff was handed over to King Mickey in the 20th Century sale.

They have more than that. They own the Tubi streaming service, they produce reality shows like The Masked Singer, and they have their hands on a lot of the shows currently on Fox right now like Call Me Kat (a Mayim Bialik sitcom) and The Great North (a cartoon series from the Bob's Burgers team). The scripted stuff are largely co-productions with other companies though, including Disney.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Poirot said:

They have more than that. They own the Tubi streaming service, they produce reality shows like The Masked Singer, and they have their hands on a lot of the shows currently on Fox right now like Call Me Kat (a Mayim Bialik sitcom) and The Great North (a cartoon series from the Bob's Burgers team). The scripted stuff are largely co-productions with other companies though, including Disney.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that after the recent controversies surrounding that show lol.

But yeah, I'm aware they still have plenty of stuff, they just have very little that's actually of interest. I contemplated checking out the Bialik show when it premiered and decided against it after the reviews turned out to be lame.