Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I can't pretend to be even remotely shocked by The Masked Singer bringing Guiliani on as contestant. Not only did they bring Palin on board, but Dancing with the Stars also had Sean Spicer on a few years back. It should be incredibly transparent to everyone at this point that the producers behind these shows are shameless opportunists who will do anything for ratings and headlines (even if it means bringing on board a traitorous snake so obviously dimwitted that he allowed himself to get easily duped by Sacha Baron Cohen once), since the Z-listers and and has-beens who lost a chunk of their dignity a while ago that they're left with since they're the only people they can afford with the limited budget they have aren't doing the trick.

44 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I don't know but I can't wait to sign up and pay $5.99 a month for CNN+ in March to watch Don Lemon and Jim Acosta.

CNN tried hard to take down Joe Rogan but he responded back with a good apology and a lot of Hollywood heavy hitters seem to back him still. 

Maybe all this publicity will draw more people to him instead XD 

On 1/23/2022 at 12:42 AM, Porthos said:

Judging by a quick scan I made of Twitter post-game, he's not wrong. Lots and lots of....

Jabs were sent his way. :ph34r:

(sorry, MrPink)

Good for him that he ducked every single one of them. (But I did get the joke Lol)

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

CNN tried hard to take down Joe Rogan but he responded back with a good apology and a lot of Hollywood heavy hitters seem to back him still. 

Maybe all this publicity will draw more people to him instead XD 

He didn’t need to apologize imo. Love that, finally, the anti-woke crowd got a win (he is still on the platform). His audience is going to grow. 

• Knock It Off 1

On 1/23/2022 at 1:54 AM, Porthos said:

Considering that there is a segment of the Niners fanbase that is nearly seething with every Jimmy G win, "chaos" would be an apt word in more ways than one... :ph34r:

…that Chiefs / Bills game was one for the ages. 

7 hours ago, lilmac said:

He didn’t need to apologize imo. Love that, finally, the anti-woke crowd got a win (he is still on the platform). His audience is going to grow. 

I think it was best he apologized so people can see his just a pretty whatever chill guy then some alt right super villian that legacy media makes him out to be. 

People need to remember that legacy media has a bias against certain platforms as they are competition. 

Edited by Torontofan

20 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I think it was best he apologized so people can see his just a pretty whatever chill guy then some alt right super villian that legacy media makes him out to be. 

People need to remember that legacy media has a bias against certain platforms as they are competition. 

It's good that he did but he didn't need to. He took a diffrerent approact to Dave chappelle who douboed down rather than apologising yet his career seems still intact. 

I like joe as a comedian, but i wouldnt take his advice on vaccines. All this free advertising has made me curious about what was said in this podcast though

• Like 1

This is a fun little thread of the new gargantuan Steam Deck compared to other consoles. I'm still on the fence for the Deck, looks good but I need to see reviews first

FKt3uLzXMAETORx?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by AJG

@Cap more proof that Broadway is as creatively bankrupt as Hollywood is these days.

Broadway Adaptation of ‘Smash’ Eyes Summer Workshop (EXCLUSIVE)

'Smash' Musical Planning Workshop for Summer (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety

Smash, for everyone who has forgotten what it was, was a musical series that premiered this month a decade ago (at a time when they were all the rage during the heyday of Glee) set in the world of Broadway hyped to be a game-changer (Spielberg was among the producers) and was also supposed to both make Katharine McPhee the next Jennifer Hudson and save then-struggling NBC. After an acclaimed pilot, it immediately fell off the stage through a series of fatal creative choices and became the poster child for "hate-watching" by episode 5. Hard to think of another show that died on the vine as quickly as that did.

2 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Who are ‘people’? Liberals? In the end, you may be right, my friend.