Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I just watched Hollow Man last night and honestly I thought it kinda ruled.

I thought it was a little too skeevy. Didn't balance that as well as he did in his other films. 

The visual effects were awesome though. They hold up real good. Loved the scenes when all the organs are filling in or fading out. 

So most of the movie is super boring but Eric Bana just had his own sword fly into his back and turn him into stone and that is some funny shit the way it plays out.

Edited by cookie

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Finished watching through the English language + Elle partition of Verhoeven's filmography. Few in there I wasn't big on but even at his worst, he keeps in interesting. Talented dude.

1- Total Recall

2- RoboCop

3- Starship Troopers

4- Elle

5- Basic Instinct

6- Flesh + Blood

7- Showgirls

8- Hollow Man

Black Book is his best imo. Get to it ASAP.

Finished watching through the English language + Elle partition of Verhoeven's filmography. Few in there I wasn't big on but even at his worst, he keeps in interesting. Talented dude.

1- Total Recall

2- RoboCop

3- Starship Troopers

4- Elle

5- Basic Instinct

6- Flesh + Blood

7- Showgirls

8- Hollow Man

his filmography is full of good movies. 

You have the trilogy in the wrong order though.:kitschjob:

Starship Troopers > Total Recall = RoboCop. 

Edited by Treeing Me Apart

22 hours ago, filmlover said:

Just watched the latest 9-1-1.

Image result for damn gif

22 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I told you it was crazy :hahaha: 

You guys keep hyping this episode and I can only see it in like 10 hours :sarah:

• Astonished 1

1- Total Recall

2- RoboCop

3- Starship Troopers

4- Elle

5- Basic Instinct

6- Flesh + Blood

7- Showgirls

8- Hollow Man

He is indeed a legend. But where's Black Book on your list? It's one of his best. 

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

I just watched Hollow Man last night and honestly I thought it kinda ruled.

I've only seen it once but I remember being really entertained, as with all his movies. 

while we're on the topic, I've always loved that Robocop is symmetrical, all the events up to about halfway through the movie then are repeated in reverse order.

I'm probably being thick and you guys all know this already but have a read of this article: https://dejareviewer.com/2014/04/29/cinematic-chiasmus-robocop-is-almost-perfectly-symmetrical-film/

I finally put my picture up on LinkedIn.

I look like a doof but hey, doesn't everyone. 

Also I have an interview with Starbucks. A year ago, I would have considered myself a failure for not getting something in my field, but it pays, I still live with my parents, and you get stock and health care, and learn something new. And I'd only be part time, and at least this way I can afford to pay for my own certs now, if nothing else.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

1- Total Recall

2- RoboCop

3- Starship Troopers

4- Elle

5- Basic Instinct

6- Flesh + Blood

7- Showgirls

8- Hollow Man

TR, Robo and ST at the top, Showgirls at the bottom and none of his Dutch movies. 

This is such a fuckboi ranking, AA. 

10 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I finally put my picture up on LinkedIn.

I look like a doof but hey, doesn't everyone. 

Also I have an interview with Starbucks. A year ago, I would have considered myself a failure for not getting something in my field, but it pays, I still live with my parents, and you get stock and health care, and learn something new. And I'd only be part time, and at least this way I can afford to pay for my own certs now, if nothing else.

A job's a job. 

• Like 3