Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Parent'sare not big fans of kids having people (especially Siginficant others ) over when they aren't around

They are also not fans of their kids lying to them

Yeah, that right there is what is gonna get you in a world of hurt.

I tell my own kids that mom ALWAYS knows when they are lying (and I do - they got their dad's inability to lie well - it always shows on their faces), and lying is twice as bad as whatever they did.

Why do I say that?  B/c parents want to trust their kids always...and trust is based on honesty.  

Lying and sneaking behind their backs is not the way an adult relationship works, neither for your parents or your girlfriend.  It's not fair to either one.  So, own up and admit you made a big mistake not telling them about how awesome your girlfriend is and how close you two are starting to become.  Tell them you are incredibly, incredibly sorry for not being honest about the relationship from the start and that when you get out of trouble, you'd like them to meet her over dinner.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

I’ve been going through some pictures of my grandma because later on some of the grandkids are getting together to do her picture boards for the funeral.  There’s something inherently cool about photographs from the 60’s and 70’s

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

I’ve been going through some pictures of my grandma because later on some of the grandkids are getting together to do her picture boards for the funeral.  There’s something inherently cool about photographs from the 60’s and 70’s

yeah I hear you.  When we went through all the pics for my mom's funeral last year, it was kind of cool to see how things were then and just how photographs changed from like the 1920s (for my grandmom, not my mom) to recent.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Frankly, I'm rather surprised at the hostility in the Tomb Raider thread.

it's back to the whole extremist won't hear the other side that it may not get a sequel.  Not saying it won't but they won't even listen to the people that are being nice about it.  Then you have a couple on  the other side maybe rubbing it in a bit with it all.  But yeah out of all the threads, I didn't see that happening in a Tomb Raider one :P