Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Brazil, except for the Dunga years, pretty much exemplify the beautiful game. In the club level, there is Barcelona from the Cryuff days on and of course Arsenal are always trying to walk it in.

okay time to get serious lol Yea Brazil is another team that's fun to watch. This is just my opinion of course but I think Brazil and Germany have pretty much perfected the game. If anyone doesn't like soccer or doesn't get it, pay close to attention to both of these teams during the World Cup because it won't get much better than either of those teams. 

Arsenal is the laughing stock of all of soccer. Not just the premiere league. They can look so good one game and then look like a disaster the next lmfao 

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Baseball has a therapeutic quality to me even if the games aren't always very entertaining. There's a rhythm to it that makes for a good ambience.

Agreed plus I’m about 15 minutes from Miller Park as our most people I go to games  with.  We can call each other at 5 to decide to go a game and be there well before first pitch 

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Brazil, except for the Dunga years, pretty much exemplify the beautiful game. In the club level, there is Barcelona from the Cryuff days on and of course Arsenal are always trying to walk it in.

did you see that ludicrous display last night?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

okay time to get serious lol Yea Brazil is another team that's fun to watch. This is just my opinion of course but I think Brazil and Germany have pretty much perfected the game. If anyone doesn't like soccer or doesn't get it, pay close to attention to both of these teams during the World Cup because it won't get much better than either of those teams. 

Arsenal is the laughing stock of all of soccer. Not just the premiere league. They can look so good one game and then look like a disaster the next lmfao 

Having a Hulk clearly didn’t help Brazil

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Hershey's chocolate is pretty much a straight up war crime. I dunno how they're, like, successful over in the states. Shit is awful.

We don't know any better, I guess. Plus it's a US product and Americans like to buy local.

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Hershey's chocolate is pretty much a straight up war crime. I dunno how they're, like, successful over in the states. Shit is awful.

It’s successful because it’s cheap. 

I think I’ve officially cultured my dad.  I’ve always been the one to drag him to indies and arthouse movies.

I came home for Easter Weekend today, I figured I’d just see Ready Player One with him and not try to drag him to anything to indie (like Stalin or Thoroughbreds).  Guess who asked, “Want to see The Death of Stalin, I want to see it!”

I’m a proud son, maybe I can get him to see Isle of Dogs in a few weeks when I see him again post Easter.

If you want some "true" American chocolate, you might try the Amish country.

Malley's is a really popular merchant around here, but I haven't tried them often enough to make a judgment. 

Edited by tribefan695

2 minutes ago, The Mad Panda said:

I think I’ve officially cultured my dad.  I’ve always been the one to drag him to indies and arthouse movies.

I came home for Easter Weekend today, I figured I’d just see Ready Player One with him and not try to drag him to anything to indie (like Stalin or Thoroughbreds).  Guess who asked, “Want to see The Death of Stalin, I want to see it!”

I’m a proud son, maybe I can get him to see Isle of Dogs in a few weeks when I see him again post Easter.

i've definitely cultured my dad who has now seen all 3 and a half seasons of iZombie.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1