Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

this last man standing pisses me off because that girl from short term 12 who i was calling to be a major breakout off the back of that film has been stuck on that show. she coulda been doing all sorts of interesting roles but she's been trapped with tim allen yelling at her about why her generation is wrong for like 7 years.

I still haven't seen Short Term 12 but I did see Glass Castle which was pretty good until the final 10-15 minutes where it tried to justify the dad's abusive actions and feel sympathy for him because "well he did a few good things so it's okay!"  Shit pissed me off so much.

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I still haven't seen Short Term 12 but I did see Glass Castle which was pretty good until the final 10-15 minutes where it tried to justify the dad's abusive actions and feel sympathy for him because "well he did a few good things so it's okay!"  Shit pissed me off so much.

That's not Short Term 12, like at all.

See it.

• Like 1

Short Term 12 would've been great if the entire movie had been plotless and observational, without any of that artificial drama grafted onto it in the second half. Goes from genuine greatness to "oh shit this is what they teach people in screenwriting classes, don't they". At least the acting stays strong.

5 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

I'm doing an old movie-watching thing. Here if you're interested.

simple camerawork and cliche plot (even though it probably invented most of said cliches in the first place) to its numerous cheap set backgrounds that look more appropriate for a school play than a proper movie.

hmmmmmm... i can tell this thread will not be for me.

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

hmmmmmm... i can tell this thread will not be for me.

Finish reading first, maybe?

Well, okay, maybe that’s a little harsh on the last one. The production design of Dr Caligari has been one of its most iconic elements and, while I thought it looked ridiculous at the beginning of the movie, as the film went on the set designs honestly kinda grew on me? Are they weird and somewhat cheap looking? Maybe. But they're almost endearingly so and in a way that helped give the film its own unique flavour.