Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

16 minutes ago, Sheikh said:

Eurovision is an international song contest between European countries. Each year a bunch of European countries send an entry of an original song performed live, broadcast across Europe. Then everyone across Europe gets to vote for their favorite, (you can't vote for your own country), and the winner gets to host next years contest. It's cheesy as fuck. ABBA and Celine Dion are former winners.

It’s also one of the biggest TV events of the year.

around 200m people watch it.

• Community Manager
11 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Eurovision draws twice the audience that a SuperBowl does, that's how big it is for the Americans wondering.

I enjoyed a lot of the songs I would say my favourite was Hungary despite me not being a hard rock guy. The Cyprus girl is rediculously good too at what she does.

The Superbowl draws 100 million in a nation of like 300 million.

Eurovision draws 200 million on a continent with a population of 741 million.

No shit Eurovision is bigger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

The Superbowl draws 100 million in a nation of like 300 million.

Eurovision draws 200 million on a continent with a population of 741 million.

No shit Eurovision is bigger.

What does that have to do with what I said? 

Eurovision is bigger worldwilde because more people watch and follow it. This year it will also air in China.

Just because Americans are usually ignorant to the rest of the world doesn't make the contest less of a thing. 

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

What does that have to do with what I said? 

Eurovision is bigger worldwilde because more people watch and follow it. This year it will also air in China.

Just because Americans are usually ignorant to the rest of the world doesn't make the contest less of a thing. 

Yeah more people watch it and follow it because there's more people in Europe. Hence more people to attract worldwide. 

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah more people watch it and follow it because there's more people in Europe. Hence more people to attract worldwide. 

I never doubted that. My point still stands.

I just reffered to it because I had watched a Youtube video were Americans were introduced to the contest and that stat was thrown and all of them were like "I thought Super Bowl was the biggest thing in the world". And without hate I generally think that's true; a lot of Americans think that America=World.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I never doubted that. My point still stands.

I just reffered to it because I had watched a Youtube video were Americans were introduced to the contest and that stat was thrown and all of them were like "I thought Super Bowl was the biggest thing in the world". And without hate I generally think that's true; a lot of Americans think that America=World.

Isnt the World Cup the biggest thing in the world?

1 minute ago, Ranger Tree said:

Yeah we have always been shit but since brexit they refuse to give us any points.

Why is Norway doing so bad?? They easily had the best one.

yeah certainly strange, especially since even on the political side governments like Norway somewhat

When the audience votes come in, I'd expect them to jump up a few places