Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

Part 1 of the new Drake is his most solid project.

Part 2 has the biggest decline in quality I’ve ever heard from any album. It is consistently garbage, and apparently it’s just a collection of leftover tracks that he stuck onto the album to get out of his Cash Money deal.

Lol shit, and that was the side we expected to be better. Will give this a listen later

-nonstop

-elevate

-emotionless

-god's plan

-mob ties

-can't take a joke

-sandra's rose

-talk up

-summer games

-nice for what

-march 14

eleven tracks that's what i'd keep for the playlist. cut the other 14 then it's strong album. i don't even love god's plan but i get that it's the hit so it's gotta stay

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's just weird, y'know?

It's almost a two hour movie and not once does Eli ask for a turkey bacon donut. Why not? Where is the turkey bacon donut?

Gary Oldman ate them all before turning to the scenery to chew on.

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

-nonstop

-elevate

-emotionless

-god's plan

-mob ties

-can't take a joke

-sandra's rose

-talk up

-summer games

-nice for what

-march 14

Cant roll with your takes anymore. The lack of “Dont Matter To Me” is disturbing.

Drake said he did the fatherly thing and hid his son to protect him but then said he has only ever met the boy once.

He was never gonna reveal this child out of shame but he was forced to, making him come up with some BS excuse. AND he had to tell us all that he was a deadbeat before TMZ did it for us BUT the deadbeat revelation only verified that the BS excuse was a BS excuse.

The layers of Pusha T’s victory... The drama. The onslaught of consequences. I love it. Only in hip-hop.

So my early impressions...been skipping around, but like Cole's latest, it's kinda slow, lower energy. "Dont Matter to Me" is the prerequisite soothing, "quiet storm" track ie. "Find Your Love", "Controlla", "Hold on Going Home", so I love it because I love those type of beats. Yet even the bangers are kind of slow ie "Upset", "Nopstop." "Mob Ties" is a little faster and a tad more energized. I want more fast paced, high energy that makes you forget that Drake is lightskinned. 

Would also like to see more features. Drake is on another level when he's with Wayne, Future, even Nicki, etc. But thank the lord that a 2018 hip album didn't feature Migos for once. Jay Z's verse ended up trending last night.

Think Future/Hndrxx - great, banging fast/slow album(s). That's what I felt like Scorpion was going for, but didn't quiet make it, but it's Drake so people will probably gas it up a little more than deserved. Oh and I'd probably be inclined to say Sremm 3 is better than this too.

• Like 1

Here's what I got in the Criterion sale:

The Age of Innocence

Being John Malkovich

The Breakfast Club

Diabolique

Election

Midnight Cowboy

The Philadelphia Story

Seven Samurai

The Seventh Seal

Short Cuts

The Silence of the Lambs

This should keep me occupied for a bit. Good thing the sale doesn't end until August 6; hopefully I have a job by then so I can get more :ph34r: 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I don't like the way they autotuned MJ! Might as well be the weeknd if we're doing that.

Fair enough. I'm just a sucker for those soothing, relaxing drive around during sunset type beats. Khalid's OTW is the most underrated song of this summer, easily. The most summer sounding of the summer songs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

Fair enough. I'm just a sucker for those soothing, relaxing drive around during sunset type beats. Khalid's OTW is the most underrated song of this summer, easily. The most summer sounding of the summer songs.

Man, that song is super smooth!

• Like 1

Couldn't care less about Drake, all his songs sound the same to me. I listened to the song featuring Michael Jackson, checked the blasphemy of it all and then came back to my playlists.

I heard Twenty One Pilots is dropping something soon, finally.