Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Today, we almost lost a real estate deal.  My clients are a married couple with young kids,  They have very little understanding of the home buying process.  They are really depending on me to walk them through the whole process.  And without breaking confidentially, let’s just say that if the deal didn’t go through, they were going to be in a terrible position. 

And I won’t lie, I was really, really, really angry at the other party - and I had to write a letter defending why this deal needed to proceed.  My mother always told me to never send e-mails when you’re angry.  You will regret it.  But the e-mail HAD to be sent today.  

So I thought about Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, and how Fred Rogers had a specific way of communicating with kids (and other people): keep it simple, keep it direct, keep it positive.  I was able to rewrite the letter thinking “How Would Mr. Rogers say this?” and I got it to a point that I could send it.

I just heard back from the other party that they accept the new terms, and we're still on schedule to close on time.  So I guess what I’m saying is:

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? is playing at the theaters, and you should go.

• Like 5

The Twilight movies would have been better if they just focused on Anna Kendrick’s character more. She’s literally the only good thing about the first movie so far. 

Change my mind. 

Also Edward and Bella? ZERO chemistry. I can’t believe people actually shipped these two awkward as all hell characters in the movies. 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

The Twilight movies would have been better if they just focused on Anna Kendrick’s character more. She’s literally the only good thing about the first movie so far. 

Change my mind. 

Also Edward and Bella? ZERO chemistry. I can’t believe people actually shipped these two awkward as all hell characters in the movies. 

That reminds me: will TombRaider survive when A Simple Favor opens in two months? Poster's gonna be under surveillance for trashing other actresses just to "prop up" actresses who hardly need propping up to begin with. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

That reminds me: will TombRaider survive when A Simple Favor opens in two months? Poster's gonna be under surveillance for trashing other actresses just to "prop up" actresses who hardly need propping up to begin with. 

My opinion? No. Especially if it bombs. They may go on a hate rampage against Kendrick at that point. But I never get the poster anyways. He/She is weird with which actresses they love and prop up and which ones they trash. I legit never know how’s it’s gonna go with them. 

@TombRaider so how is it gonna go down in a few months 🤔 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Have faith in Paul Feig!

Who else would I have faith in when it comes to that film :ph34r: 

*Ive said it before though I’m actually looking forward to seeing what he does with that genre. I’m hoping it’s good even if it doesn’t do well at the BO. 

Much Ado About Nothing is FUN. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Denzel being ludicrously charismatic, Kenny B sailing the river of ham, Emma Thompson, Keanu trying his best, whatever Keaton was doing, that Doyle score; lots to love. Definitely my favourite Branagh joint.

That scene with the boys on the horses has to be up there as one of the best character introductions ever. 

tumblr_ocoqq4Mu9y1qex0dmo2_250.gif

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Live look at power source for BOT's servers the last couple of hours:

I blame the worldwide reception to the 2018 movies.  maybe it caused too much pouting amongst top movie consumers, hence less traffic in these forums then hoped for.  we need more movie math nerds.  I know they are out there.  The box office used to arrive in the newspapers every Mon/Tues morning in the 90s during the birth of the internet.  People could draw on that, along with crossword puzzles, and use E! Weekly magazine Summer Previews to predict out the summer in advance before these forums were even around.

Edited by mathemetrics

I saw Hereditary tonight and was sold on it, but then it went on too long for me, and it also cut me short.   What was going to be an A or an A- (depending on further views) got stamped with a big red B+.

I was set on following up Hereditary with AQP on home video, maybe see if I could find reason for a +1 on Hered for top 2018 horror, but...... wasn't there to rent yet.  oh well..... 

it is not out for another week and I won't bother searching for a free stream of AQP because I don't think I will find much good quality stuff without having to download something.  I could always do Unsane, but on-demand is 3x the cost of redbox which I could do tomorrow, and a free stream would just ruin it.  i'm counting on those streams though for review of some 2008 films.  The libraries are packed with 2008 titles right now, and those streams get you those hidden gems.  Stuff hard to find on digital platforms for purchase. (Kundun, Princess Mononoke, etc. w/ desired edition)

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Much Ado About Nothing is FUN. I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Denzel being ludicrously charismatic, Kenny B sailing the river of ham, Emma Thompson, Keanu trying his best, whatever Keaton was doing, that Doyle score; lots to love. Definitely my favourite Branagh joint.

That scene with the boys on the horses has to be up there as one of the best character introductions ever. 

tumblr_ocoqq4Mu9y1qex0dmo2_250.gif

If you look up the definition of "Just a good pleasant fun time" you see that gif as the entry

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aabattery said:

John Q. is reeeallly heavy-handed and a bit schlocky but shit, Denzel sells it. It's solid.

Have you seen Carbon Copy yet? It’s a film where some white guy finds out that Denzel is his son.

Made with good intentions, it’s still kinda backwards, and I’m guessing Denzel has done all he can do to wipe the film out of existence.

Carbon_Copy_poster.JPG

• Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

Have you seen Carbon Copy yet? It’s a film where some white guy finds out that Denzel is his son.

Made with good intentions, it’s still kinda backwards, and I’m guessing Denzel has done all he can do to wipe the film out of existence.

Carbon_Copy_poster.JPG

Gotta start somewhere :wacko:

I might get round to it, just for curiosities sake. Gonna do Deja Vu tomorrow.