Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So what exactly is wrong with Florida.

i typed Florida Man into google and it’s not that there’s a lot of crime, it’s that these crimes are insane.

Is there something in the water down there?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AJG said:

i typed Florida Man into google and it’s not that there’s a lot of crime, it’s that these crimes are insane.

Florida is strange. You can be in a pretty liberal part then in a short drive be somewhere extremely conservative. It's a melting pot of different people. I think it could be the weather tbh

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Florida is strange. You can be in a pretty liberal part then in a short drive be somewhere extremely conservative. It's a melting pot of different people. I think it could be the weather tbh

Using Hunger Games analogies, I live in the Capitol and you live in District 12. 

I thought I might have to get a new phone. My 6S died on Wednesday at 55% charge. When I turned it back on it was  only 10%. It’s been getting progressively worse for most of this year and I was trying to nurse it through to the next iPhone release. 

I started looking at new phones until I discovered Apple is replacing batteries at the moment for only AUD39. Apparently my old battery had been through 850 charge cycles and was down to 81% of original charge. 

Now I have a new battery and I think I’ll wait until the 2019 update now. 

4 hours ago, AJG said:

The real reason is that Florida is a huge state (21m people) so they have a lot of crazy people because of course they do, as well as some of the most lax public reporting laws in the country. So everyone sees every crime committed no matter how crazy. Really easy for newspapers to pick it up when everything is disseminated to the public. Probably also doesn't help that FL has a slightly higher poverty rate than the US average too.

@WrathOfHan @filmlover

• Like 1

1998 music album release schedule

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_music

anyone ever tried to start off a year in movies by reading the books adapted from the films, or film to book translations?   

is there a preferred method?

I'm assuming in order to get those Jeopardy/trivial pursuit facts,

you would have to plug in like that and go through pop culture decade by decade.

Burning is good. I like me a good, mysterious slow BURN. 🥁

And that's it for me for the 2018 NZIFF. Had a good time, and watched some good movies. 

1 - Leave No Trace

2 - Shoplifters

3 - Searching

4 - Burning

5 - First Reformed

6 - American Animals

7 - Madeline's Madeline

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

Burning is good. I like me a good, mysterious slow BURN. 🥁

And that's it for me for the 2018 NZIFF. Had a good time, and watched some good movies. 

1 - Leave No Trace

2 - Shoplifters

3 - Searching

4 - Burning

5 - First Reformed

6 - American Animals

7 - Madeline's Madeline

I’m heading to TIFF again this year, hoping to catch Shoplifters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goffe said:

Relationship advice: dont suggest your person to move in with you temporarily while he seeks a new apartment when you guys are together for like 5 months. it won’t do your relationship any good. yep.

Living together with another person sounds like a nightmare to me. I don't think I will ever get married.

• Like 1