Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I’m hoping it hits my area. It doesn’t exactly fit the demos here, which is why Blindspotting didn’t come this weekend.

I thought Blindspotting didn't open there just because your neighborhood is racist? You can probably forget about getting BlacKkKlansman as well.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I thought Blindspotting didn't open there just because your neighborhood is racist? You can probably forget about getting BlacKkKlansman as well.

Idk. My area has been getting a lot of indies lately, so I’m shocked that we didn’t get Blindspotting. Klansman will definitely come because its TC will be high.

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Idk. My area has been getting a lot of indies lately, so I’m shocked that we didn’t get Blindspotting. Klansman will definitely come because its TC will be high.

Watch them not get Searching just to reveal your area's true colors to @MrPink.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I mean, Searching is going wide over Labor Day. That’s a 2k theater guarantee right there :lol:

Or is it. :unsure:

That was one of the many indie trailers before Eighth Grade today. Welcome to Marwen was the only studio release they showed (FYI the theater I went to has the standee for that movie next to the one for Death of a Nation. It's your worst nightmares come true).

Just now, That One Guy said:

Eighth Grade is good for the record but it's also horribly intent on showing the cringeworthiness/awkwardness of being an 8th grader.  I'm fine with films like this being realistic, but it almost became too realistic for me?

That one scene

Spoiler

with the boy trying to get her to engage in a sexually-charged game of Truth or Dare in the car

made my audience very uncomfortable. People saying "oh shit" and the like.

sucks to hear that the lead singer of Static X apparently died in his sleep 2 years ago.  his widowed wife died a year later too 😞

Apparently the medical records said it was an assortment of things, not sure...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static-X

on an unrelated note, here is another one I came across

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715

20 hours ago, filmlover said:

All you Mad Men peeps: the first trailer has been released for Matthew Weiner's newest series for Amazon premiering in October. How did I not know about this before? This cast is C-R-A-Z-Y.

I know this is almost certainly just the marketing but that they couldn't bother to check how Clea Duvall, Hugh Skinner, Isabelle Huppert, Kathryn Han and Radha Mitchell's names are ACTUALLY spelled in Russian - or what the official title of Mad Men is, for that matter - isn't giving me much hope lol. 

Wish there was lyrics across the screen.  Cannot even hear what is going on.  

Finally got around to almost finishing the new album Limp Bizkit album Gold Cobra (2011).

Surprisingly, I liked most of it more than the world-breakers Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish.  

Still have not got around to tracking the album Results May Vary (2003), so I am

decades late with the follow up production album focus.

So I've seen the EP album The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) (2005) goes a little more out of the mainstream and more towards Rage Against the Machine-like,

and that is the only 'hidden' album I think they have other than basic major release albums via discography + tons of whatsthis??

9.00/10 - Three Dollar Bill Yall (1997)

7.00/10 - Significant Other (1999)

6.75/10 - Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water (2001)

????/10 - Results May Vary (2003)

9.00/10 - The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) (2005)

8.00/10 - Gold Cobra (2011) 

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

I know this is almost certainly just the marketing but that they couldn't bother to check how Clea Duvall, Hugh Skinner, Isabelle Huppert, Kathryn Han and Radha Mitchell's names are ACTUALLY spelled in Russian - or what the official title of Mad Men is, for that matter - isn't giving me much hope lol. 

On the other hand, Stan is back. And if his beard is back too, watch out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmatrixfilm1715 said:

Surprisingly, I liked most of it more than the world-breakers Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish.  

Still have not got around to tracking the album Results May Vary (2003), so I am

decades late with the follow up production album focus.

So I've seen the EP album The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) (2005) goes a little more out of the mainstream and more towards Rage Against the Machine-like,

and that is the only 'hidden' album I think they have other than basic major release albums via discography + tons of whatsthis??

9.00/10 - Three Dollar Bill Yall (1997)

7.00/10 - Significant Other (1999)

6.75/10 - Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water (2001)

????/10 - Results May Vary (2003)

9.00/10 - The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) (2005)

8.00/10 - Gold Cobra (2011) 

here are the album sales according to Wikipedia (domestic, I think)

1997 - Three Dollar Bill Yalls - 2,000,000

1999 - Significant Other - 7,600,000

2001 - Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water - 6,790,000

2003 - Results May Vary - 1,337,356

2005 - Unquestionable Truth EP - debuted at #24 on the U.S. Billboards

2011 - Gold Cobra - debuted at #16 on the U.S. Billboards

- the single 'Eat You Alive', ultimately part of the album Results May Very (2003), went gold on the Billboards indicating the track sold more than 500,000 units.

- the album Results May Vary flopped after 'Eat You Alive' goes Gold in line with hit songs from the previous years.

- the promotional single of 'Eat You Alive' (2003) ending up grossing more than the last two albums according to Wikipedia

- the song Eat You Alive has a music video w/ a small cameo performance w/ Bill Paxton & was up for worst song

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eat_You_Alive

Maybe the album and band crashed as one of the results of the Planet X event never showing up in 2003.

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715

For about the last year or so, the dress code has been pretty lax.  I usually wear jeans or shorts with a polo shirt and either tennis shoes or my Vans.   Well today I'm wearing dress pants, shoes and shirts and everyone is like what's up.   

I'm interviewing for a new position on my team.

• Like 1

I thought I'd need at least a whole week to get through the new season of Orange Is the New Black, but I've binged the whole thing in three sittings. It's still really good, even if the show clearly isn't going to soar at the heights it reached a few seasons ago.