Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

48 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Anarchy really is a pretty shocking leap forward compared to Purge 1. Like the guy actually learned how screenplays work in the meantime. And Frank Grillo really owns this one, dude is like Jon Hamm's action hero brother. 

like Saw 2 to Saw 1?  However, Saw 1 I think was well made.

1 minute ago, dmatrixfilm1715 said:

like Saw 2 to Saw 1?  However, Saw 1 I think was well made.

The first Saw is probably the only good one in the series.  Jigsaw is fun in some bits but doesn't really stick with you, Saw II is competent but insanely forgettable, Saw III is way too gruesome for my tastes, and the rest just bore me.  Marathoning all those films in one week was not a great experience 😬

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The first Saw is probably the only good one in the series.  Jigsaw is fun in some bits but doesn't really stick with you, Saw II is competent but insanely forgettable, Saw III is way too gruesome for my tastes, and the rest just bore me.  Marathoning all those films in one week was not a great experience 😬

Iconic twist and villain in parts 4 and 5

Spoiler

Hoffman-saw-18679895-900-600.jpg

16 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I love when American Ninja Warrior hypes up someone and then they fail on the second or first obstacle. It's hilarious.

like the scene in Caddyshack when the old guy stands in front of a lake and chips the ball into the water and celebrates

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I marathoned them in three days! At least got paid for reviewing Jigsaw afterwards. Still was quite a what-am-I-doing-with-my-life experience. 

The low points for me were 4, 6 and 7, plus Jigsaw. 1-3 and 5 all had something to make them at least minimally interesting, even if I wouldn't call any of them good. 

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Sad 1

Tully is.... hm. It starts out great but gets worse as it progresses. I’m not going to say the twist ruined the movie because the movie was faltering for a bit before that, but the ending is super clunky. Theron is very good at least.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Leslie Jones is live-tweeting her watching Avengers: Infinity War for the first time.  And her reaction to Evans/Cap is GOD TIER relatable.

Hide contents

We should just have Leslie Jones provide feature length commentary for every movie. The guys at CinemaSins can go eat their hearts out.

• Like 2

Sicario 2 was good, but not as good as the first.  It was not directed with the same mastery that the first one incorporated, but

it was still a solid action movie nonetheless.  I would rank it a hair below Equalizer 2.  

It starts off promising a shit-show, then picks a few threads or elements to slow burn off with, comparable to The Equalizer 2.

here are the rankings of other action films of 2018

87 - Red Sparrow

86 - Equalizer 2

85 - Tomb Raider

85 - Sicario 2

82 - Skyscraper  - Surprisingly these slow burn action movies have scored above Skyscraper from me.

Edited by dmatrixfilm1715

I don’t know why little things like this get to me but they really need to bring this logo back to cinemas in UK. 

It was this loud random flashes of light and noise. It played before every film at the Warner Village/Vue cinema. Nobody knew why. We had no clue what this company was, but it was part of the cinematic experience. You knew you were about to watch a movie. I’ve not seen it done for years.

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

I don’t know why little things like this get to me but they really need to bring this logo back to cinemas in UK. 

It was this loud random flashes of light and noise. It played before every film at the Warner Village/Vue cinema. Nobody knew why. We had no clue what this company was, but it was part of the cinematic experience. You knew you were about to watch a movie. I’ve not seen it done for years.

they still do a version of this at my local