Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Rewatching Walk The Line. Giniffer Goodwin going from this to Once Upon a Time is a truly a Hollywood mystery to me. Who did she piss off?

I mean she did find her way onto a show that somehow managed to eek six or seven seasons.  I'm sure she'll be okay

Just now, DAR said:

I mean she did find her way onto a show that somehow managed to eek six or seven seasons.  I'm sure she'll be okay

And she had Big Love before that (P.S. I miss Bill Paxton).

I never watched any of Once Upon a Time. Judging from what I've heard over the years, I doubt I missed much.

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And she had Big Love before that (P.S. I miss Bill Paxton).

I never watched any of Once Upon a Time. Judging from what I've heard over the years, I doubt I missed much.

I saw four episodes of the first season.  Twas good enough for me.   

Besides the comic book series Fables told the same story much better.

20 minutes ago, DAR said:

This was released 25 years ago today and will be tonight’s movie

zNHtePtwB7T8O656nmqMJFi8Kan.jpg

The Atlantic had a pretty solid write-up on how we haven't seen blockbusters like it in forever and a day.

Today's also the 19-year anniversary of The Sixth Sense and The Iron Giant, plus 14 for Collateral and 10 for Pineapple Express (not in the same realm as all those other films, but I still enjoy the hell out of it).

57 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

The Atlantic had a pretty solid write-up on how we haven't seen blockbusters like it in forever and a day.

Today's also the 19-year anniversary of The Sixth Sense and The Iron Giant, plus 14 for Collateral and 10 for Pineapple Express (not in the same realm as all those other films, but I still enjoy the hell out of it).

Seth Rogen shared a story earlier today that a smoking billboard in LA for the movie when it came out was forced to shut down by the fire department because they got a lot of complaints that they thought it was on fire. Funny stuff.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Seeing a bunch of Spike Lee joints before BlacKkKlansman.

She's Gotta Have It's pretty cool. Acting's a touch iffy, but the characters are so much fun, and the theming and cinematography are superb. Nola Darling is an icon and I love her.

Watch Inside Man if you haven't. Definitely one of the best mainstream thrillers of the past many years.

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Seeing a bunch of Spike Lee joints before BlacKkKlansman.

She's Gotta Have It's pretty cool. Acting's a touch iffy, but the characters are so much fun, and the theming and cinematography are superb. Nola Darling is an icon and I love her.

The reboot on Netflix is legit much better.

Edited by AJG