Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

That's kind of the issues, he's not healthy either.  So our RBs are Josh Adams, Smallwood and who knows after that

We need to make the midseason trade for the RB...we might have to make the salary cap room and take a run at LeVeon, since we need a tough runner who can carry a huge load since so many of our RBs are hurt.

I think we may not even be able to beat NYG, if we really go into that game with 2 total RBs...maybe Agoholor can be an RB (like the year Green Bay turned a TE into an RB), since he's been mostly missing in the game plan since Wentz came back...

EDIT: And Smallwood has been playing banged up in 1/2 his games, too...the rookie, who is never on the field, is the only guy who probably hasn't been hurt yet...

And it's part of the reason our offense has sucked...you can't play a RPO offense if the defense never has to respect the runner...with Ajayi playing with the broken back before this and the 2 other RBs out, no one has a quick step to beat a D...so they can play pass, pass, pass and catch up if we actually call a very rare running play...this doesn't work with an O-Line built for run 1st...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

What? A team with a racist/offensive name losing to a west coast team?

Go to war with the teams you have, not the teams you want.™

(I DID have the sound muted, mind. :ph34r:)

===

Also, I DO have Acuña on my keeper league team.  Gotta represent him. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 2

• Community Manager
13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I AM NOW THE WORLD'S BIGGEST BREWERS FAN!!!!! 

(Or at least will be in about two-and-a-half-innings)

@DAR

There's a chance you will become the Yankees biggest fan. 😂

• Knock It Off 1

On 10/6/2018 at 1:18 AM, AJG said:

Can a Brazilian member here just give me some details on the election?

Our news says that they guy that’s gonna win has spoken in favour of dictatorships, wants to fill his cabinet only with generals, and told a female politician he “would rape her because she didn’t deserve it”.

I don’t know much about Brazillian politics so I’m not really sure if this stuff is normal or if it’s a cause for concern.

He's racist, homophobic, thinks women are inferior to men and hates the media like trump. That's not an opinion; you can find numerous videos of him saying that stuff. Scary dude.

But he's the only one that doesn't have his name attached to a corruption scandal. Or that's the excuse people like to use. Can't tell anymore.

He's gonna win. 

6 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

There's a chance you will become the Yankees biggest fan. 😂

Such a shame when the World Series is cancelled. 1981 was a particularly brutal year to have it cancelled, for instance.

15 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I'm just happy that so many people are interested in watching Major League Baseball! I've seen a lot of baseball discussion, which is great!

This is the 1st year I haven't had time to watch the postseason yet...I've gotta find some time this week and someone to root for (since my Phillies absolutely collapsed in September, and I haven't even figured out who I want to root for yet).  If anyone has suggestions, let me know:)...I tend to root for the underdogs, if that helps!

• Like 1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is the 1st year I haven't had time to watch the postseason yet...I've gotta find some time this week and someone to root for (since my Phillies absolutely collapsed in September, and I haven't even figured out who I want to root for yet).  If anyone has suggestions, let me know:)...I tend to root for the underdogs, if that helps!

The Dodgers are a great team to root for. Plus since they lost the last World Series and had to claw their way into the post-season, they are underdogs enough. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

In all seriousness, I think the only "true" underdog at this point is the Brewers.  My Astros are a powerhouse, and won the WS last year.  Boston is a historically great team, and the Yankees aren't far behind.  And while the Dodgers aren't as great as most folks thought at the beginning of the year, myself included, they're pretty much the only NL team which could be considered on the same plane as the Yanks and 'stros.

Plus, you know, the Brew Crew have Bob "Juuuuuust a bit outside" Uecker as one of their radio announcers. ;)

(Decides not to mention the Bud Selig connection or the Ryan Braun one, for that matter :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

In all seriousness, I think the only "true" underdog at this point is the Brewers.  My Astros are a powerhouse, and won the WS last year.  Boston is a historically great team, and the Yankees aren't far behind.  And while the Dodgers aren't as great as most folks thought at the beginning of the year, myself included, they're pretty much the only NL team which could be considered on the same plane as the Yanks and 'stros.

Plus, you know, the Brew Crew have Bob "Juuuuuust a bit outside" Uecker as one of their radio announcers. ;)

(Decides not to mention the Bud Selig connection or the Ryan Braun one, for that matter :ph34r:)

You're...an Astros fan?

I've always liked you.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, MrPink said:

You're...an Astros fan?

I've always liked you.

The rare Astros/Giants fan.  Looooooong story, borne partially out of a love of Nolan Ryan when I was a wee lad.

Also, if one remembers the Dodgers/Astros rivalry of the early 80s, I have double the reason not to like the Dodgers. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3