Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Only now heard about the Megyn Kelly firing. Watching the segment of the show where she said it, I was left with the impression that there was an overreaction. It was insensitive, no doubt, but it doesn't seem like enough reason to get someone out of their job. Especially considering she quickly apologised. 

I didn't watch her regularly, but Megyn to me seems like a nice person that may have some racist view of things but is open to learn and understand how others feel. There's a lot of good people that are like that, and that don't deserve to have their lives ruined. Maybe we should believe in people's ability to change and give them the chance to become better.

10 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

@filmlover

Seeing my beautiful boy in Beautiful Boy in 10 minutes 

Well...what were your thoughts?

I saw the movie tonight and it's a big mess (if there was a Razzie award for "Worst Use of Music" it would definitely be a contender) but Timmy was indeed fantastic in it. I doubt he gets nominated for this (on the basis of the movie being a total "nobody cares") but he's definitely going to win an Oscar someday.

Edited by filmlover

Yo, Baseball BOT, tell me this isn't as horrid as it sounds:

it's laundry night so I was listening to the game in the car and I apparently missed Fox foxing all over itself.

(Did see the brutal and cold-as-ice Bohemian Rhapsody overplay over a repeat of the HR off of Jansen.  Even this Giants fan thought it was a bit much)

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

This game is insane.

I sure don't want to hear about anyone complain about Eduardo Núñez again for quite some time. that's for sure. Dude has been a warrior out there. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I sure don't want to hear about anyone complain about Eduardo Núñez again for quite some time. that's for sure. Dude has been a warrior out there. 👍

Still reppin those Giants I see.

I just want to sleep

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

*checks Twitter*

Wow, there's actually a fair amount of hate being directed to Núñez after he fell into the stands on a bum hammy, ankle and knee.

Huh.

I guess I really should stop being surprised at this point, yet humanity keeps finding ways to disappoint me. :kitschjob:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Still reppin those Giants I see.

I just want to sleep

My hate is pure and undying. 👍

(Also, if the Sawx wants to end it in the next inning I won't complain)

==================

Will say that as a longtime baseball fan seeing the idea of "bullpenning" coming back to bite the Red Sox (even if they eventually win this game) isn't exactly upsetting.  We're only in the 14th, and the Sawx are already blowing up their entire series rotation here.

This whole idea of "yank the starter early and burn through the bullpen ASAP" has... Well, I'll just say I've never been a fan and leave it at that.  Running out of pitchers in the WS when you have starters stretched out who can also pitch long innings in extras if need be is doubly infuriating to me.  The Red Sox simply shouldn't be in a position where they are using the next day's starter for long innings until at least the 16th or 17th.

Edited by Porthos

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Will say that as a longtime baseball fan seeing the idea of "bullpenning" coming back to bite the Red Sox (even if they eventually win this game) isn't exactly upsetting.  We're only in the 14th, and the Sawx are already blowing up their enitre series rotation here.

Oh, definitely. Alex Cora will never be forgiven for it if the Sox blow their lead and lose the series because of it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

My hate is pure and undying. 👍

(Also, if the Sawx wants to end it in the next inning I won't complain)

==================

Will say that as a longtime baseball fan seeing the idea of "bullpenning" coming back to bite the Red Sox (even if they eventually win this game) isn't exactly upsetting.  We're only in the 14th, and the Sawx are already blowing up their entire series rotation here.

This whole idea of "yank the starter early and burn through the bullpen ASAP" has... Well, I'll just say I've never been a fan and leave it at that.  Running out of pitchers in the WS when you have starters stretched out who can also pitch long innings in extras if need be is doubly infuriating to me.  The Red Sox simply shouldn't be in a position where they are using the next day's starter for long innings until at least the 16th or 17th.

I just meant former Giant great, Eduardo Nunez, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I just want to sleep

35 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Yeah, this friggin' game. I feel really bad for everyone toughing it out on the east coast.

Will someone just hit an effing home run.  It's 2:30AM out here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Only now heard about the Megyn Kelly firing. Watching the segment of the show where she said it, I was left with the impression that there was an overreaction. It was insensitive, no doubt, but it doesn't seem like enough reason to get someone out of their job. Especially considering she quickly apologised. 

I didn't watch her regularly, but Megyn to me seems like a nice person that may have some racist view of things but is open to learn and understand how others feel. There's a lot of good people that are like that, and that don't deserve to have their lives ruined. Maybe we should believe in people's ability to change and give them the chance to become better.

Sources told Deadline that the multi-ill stepping Kelly was heading for the door at NBC 

After several previous foot in mouth moments on-air by Kelly, the offensive blackface remarks were the straw that

Also comments to find in the net about the apology (not sure if it was about the last incident or an earlier one) in its full had something included that made it again whatever

I do not know her nor have any interest in her kind of programm or similar, just read more or less accidently this and... as I tried to understand some tweets.

Beside that I learned her earning $69m for 3 years and the averade journalist in the US earning less than $40k/year. More interested about the average for journalists than her salary. It has to be difficult to stay in the job (in especial with a clean & balanced reputation) with living costs so high in many cities and so on.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I just want to sleep

54 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Yeah, this friggin' game. I feel really bad for everyone toughing it out on the east coast.

18 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Will someone just hit an effing home run.  It's 2:30AM out here.

For folks who aren't aware, this is a pretty famous tweet in Baseball Twitter circles:

Edited by Porthos
  • Haha 1