Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

yeah there are all types that can ruin the movie experience.  I've had it from young people to older people.

Although there are little things since you brought up eating loudly.  I don't get the people that buy the candy and such with the plastic wrap around it that wait until the movie starts to try to open it so all you hear is them fighting with the plastic echoing through the theater.  You had 10 minutes, the box will still keep the food fresh if you open it during the trailers, which isn't good either, but I can deal with that.

It's like people purposely want to make noise sometimes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

While watching A Star Is Born I had that fat guy next to me who was eating those chips like it was his last time. I wanted to smack him. Seriously, it was so anti-climatic watching Gaga sing I'll never love again and hearing him brutally smashing those potatos with his teeth.

I've definitely encountered that guy (the big fat guy who orders a full tray of food that he eats loudly and a large soda that he sips loudly) at the movies anymore and it sorta amuses me because I always feel like telling the person "pack on the pounds some more why don't ya!"

3 minutes ago, 75Live said:

yeah there are all types that can ruin the movie experience.  I've had it from young people to older people.

Although there are little things since you brought up eating loudly.  I don't get the people that buy the candy and such with the plastic wrap around it that wait until the movie starts to try to open it so all you hear is them fighting with the plastic echoing through the theater.  You had 10 minutes, the box will still keep the food fresh if you open it during the trailers, which isn't good either, but I can deal with that.

It's like people purposely want to make noise sometimes

oh my god when i saw christopher robin the unwrapping noises and the noise of peoples hands in popcorn buckets and shit was actually cacophonous and so all encompassing that i had trouble hearing the dialogue. it was like there was a huge swarm in the cinema.

• Sad 1

Also, have you guys encountered couples getting playful?

I remember watching Fifty Shades Darker and the theater was kinda empty and there was that teenage-ish couple in the front seats.... he was probably fingering her cause she was really enjoying herself.

Oh yeahh I almost forgot watching Magic Mike too yeah that shit was intresting you could feel the hormones in the air....

3 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I remember watching Fifty Shades Darker and the theater was kinda empty and there was that teenage-ish couple in the front seats.... he was probably fingering her cause she was really enjoying herself.

Oh yeahh I almost forgot watching Magic Mike too yeah that shit was intresting you could feel the hormones in the air....

I remember some guy cheering when Anne Hathaway took her top off when I saw Brokeback Mountain back in the day lmao. Too much cowboy fucking for him, I guess.

34 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

While watching A Star Is Born I had that fat guy next to me who was eating those chips like it was his last time. I wanted to smack him. Seriously, it was so anti-climatic watching Gaga sing I'll never love again and hearing him brutally smashing those potatos with his teeth.

lol I'm that guy in the cinema except I'm not fat. I can't go into a cinema and not order nachos, it's one of the joys of going to the cinema 

12 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

There was a couple in front of me at Game Night that was touchy during the first act but nothing too sexual.

11 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

me and my ex had sex whilst watching The Day the earth stood still. it was such a shitty movie that it couldn't be helped. it was funny because I remember the same ex trying to have sex with me during transformers 1 but I wasn't having any of that. I was excited for that movie for a long time, I wasn't missing out. she got angry 

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I eat too but not fucking disgustingly loudly ugghhhhh

mamma always taught me to eat with my mouth closed. I tend to wait for loud scenes before continuing with my nachos, or leave the nacho chip in my mouth long enough for it to go soft leaving no crunch noise lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jessie said:

me and my ex had sex whilst watching The Day the earth stood still. it was such a shitty movie that it couldn't be helped. it was funny because I remember the same ex trying to have sex with me during transformers 1 but I wasn't having any of that. I was excited for that movie for a long time, I wasn't missing out. she got angry 

I know it is not the sex thread but was it at least dry or sth like it sounds really uncomfortable to me....

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

saw They Shall Not Grow Old. the restored footage was neat. and it seems to have confirmed my suspicion that the first world war was "not fun".

Do you happen to know if there is a thread for that? I can not find one (search - nothing found)