Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

13 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Its not really a joke Tele, the right and Alt-Right has a very strong and powerful presence on Youtube and have been projecting their messages to millions through such videos. 

Oh, I know, it’s awful. YT should be burned to the ground and their servers salted over. (Only half-joking here — their lack of ownership over the situation is a travesty).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Oh, I know, it’s awful. YT should be burned to the ground and their servers salted over. (Only half-joking here — their lack of ownership over the situation is a travesty).

perhaps Youtube is a huge a mess right now.

A lot of the stars on YT have a cult following but are not ad friendly.

YT is trying to cut out such content to more ad-friendly content but it's facing a huge backlash over it.

Like you know how much a shitstorm would there be if they banned pewdiepie on YT lol. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That good example of jokes here, if you film Shapiro speaking in a conference with a cellphone without adding value to the actual capture, post it on youtube and get 4 millions view, you should not get an IMDB credit for that.

Same goes for filming a live show on a popular artist and posting it on youtube..... even if you get 100m views.

Some of these dudes are literally filming themselves — a vid blog, as it were — and giving themselves credit as writer, producer, director, star, etc. 

Even putting aside their terrible opinions, if IMDB wants to retain any sort of semblance as a site you visit to check the credits of a professional production, they need to clean this up. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I disagree, lol. But also, I forget you tend to rank things in terms of meme-worthiness. 🤣

Ah tele thats how the under 30 crowd rolls these days lol 

Was ROTS a good movie or not? who cares the memes were the best lol

How older people remember ROTS

giphy.gif

How younger people see ROTS

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSavX6MGI3cMmkQXgeWtCn

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Speaking from experience? :thinking:

I’ve never done drugs in any serious way, haha. But it’s well-known that caffeine is mildly addictive, and since I’ve been drinking coffee for a long time, I know if I go a few days without it I’ll get mild withdrawal symptoms: headache, feeling lethargic, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'll take "Gritty is a worker" over NPCs and "soy boy" memes any day of the week.

I think I meant more about which side is better at making more popular memes then which side are the best, idk... 

Edited by Lordmandeep

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think I meant more about which side is better at making more popular memes then which side are the best, idk... 

I dunno, this may depend on what memes you see in your various timelines. I haven’t seen any right wing one that remotely comes close to the cheating boyfriend one, for example. But then again, I try to avoid as much MRA bullshit as I can.