Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, filmlover said:

Wasn't A24 releasing this originally? I welcome Emmy Nominee Ashton Sanders though (too bad this is going straight to HBO and Captive State is looking like it'll hit streaming someday with how much it's been delayed).

HBO should do like Netflix  and release it in one two theaters to qualify for oscars

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

HBO should do like Netflix  and release it in one two theaters to qualify for Oscars

HBO has never done anything like that and have little incentive to do so given their Emmy history. Although the fact A24 decided to pass on this might mean they no saw neither box office or awards potential in it. Hopefully the reviews are good at least.

Speaking of Hey Girl I saw an ad a few weeks ago during the Golden Globes red carpet on E! touting the premiere in February of La La Land and they actually used "Hey Girl" over the shot of Gosling playing the piano. This will never cease to make me laugh:

• Like 1

The remains of Matthew Flinders have been found behind London's Euston railway station as part of construction work for High Speed Rail.

He was the leader of the first circumnavigation of Australia and is primarily responsible for Australia being called Australia.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/matthew-flinders-found-london-dig-unearths-grave-of-great-explorer-20190125-p50tjh.html

There many locations in Australia named after Flinders.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I guess if we want to count future stuff I'll be seeing Serenity over the weekend after that insane spoiler description elevated it to "must see" status.

Same, sadly is straight to TV here so I won't get to see it :(

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Can You Ever Forgive Me?

yeah that checks out.

yep, that's mine too

unrelated(?) the on-campus theatre is playing Ben Is Back, At Eternity's Gate, and Free Solo at varying times throughout the week, but my school schedule probably won't allow me to see more than one. Which should I prioritize? 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

yep, that's mine too

unrelated(?) the on-campus theatre is playing Ben Is Back, At Eternity's Gate, and Free Solo at varying times throughout the week, but my school schedule probably won't allow me to see more than one. Which should I prioritize? 

I've only seen Ben is Back which is worth seeing for the excellent performances from Roberts (one of her three best performances, kinda a shame she didn't get any recognition at all) and Hedges.

• Like 1