Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

So for Lent I cut all all types of potatoes.   On Monday I decided to cut most other carbs, breads, pastas etc.   In four days I actually feel a lot more energetic than I have in the past.

• Like 1

The DCUniverse $.80 cent deal finally got me to break down and buy a month to watch Titans...the spouse and I sat down to watch episode 1 last night...and what the he?? were they thinking?:)  A Dick Grayson with no personality and charisma, a crazy and convoluted Starfire story which made no sense and bogged down the episode every time it was on screen, and a Beast Boy who is dumb enough to be a lion when he needs hands to steal stuff (and stealing stuff - what on earth?).  Amazingly, the only character that I thought "worked" is Raven...and if you'd have told me that from previews, I'd have never have believed you.  Now, my spouse was charitable and said "maybe it's the 1st episode problems", but as I pointed out to him, when your setup is this bad, where do you go?

Now, I'm in for the season, if only to hate watch and b/c I only have 10 episodes to go...and we apparently meet 2 more characters next time, which well, probably can't be introduced any worse...but I'm amazed this show is getting a season 2, and expect that's probably b/c there is SO LITTLE new tv/movie content for the $8/month on the online service, and it's easy and cheap to just keep this production going...

Obviously, we're not paying for month 2 until more tv seasons of the other shows are finished, b/c apparently those might have some better early episodes:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

yes. read the book instead.

I don't read. Just trying to plan my cinema double/triple bill tomorrow.

I need to get out the house and stay out all day so my parents think am at work. So need to do something that takes up time and is free as i've no money, so watching 3 films at the cinema seems sensible

Edited by Avatree

23 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I don't read. Just trying to plan my cinema double/triple bill tomorrow.

I need to get out the house and stay out all day so my parents think am at work. So need to do something that takes up time and is free as i've no money, so watching 3 films at the cinema seems sensible

...go to a library instead, tho?

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

The DCUniverse $.80 cent deal finally got me to break down and buy a month to watch Titans...the spouse and I sat down to watch episode 1 last night...and what the he?? were they thinking?:)  A Dick Grayson with no personality and charisma, a crazy and convoluted Starfire story which made no sense and bogged down the episode every time it was on screen, and a Beast Boy who is dumb enough to be a lion when he needs hands to steal stuff (and stealing stuff - what on earth?).  Amazingly, the only character that I thought "worked" is Raven...and if you'd have told me that from previews, I'd have never have believed you.  Now, my spouse was charitable and said "maybe it's the 1st episode problems", but as I pointed out to him, when your setup is this bad, where do you go?

Now, I'm in for the season, if only to hate watch and b/c I only have 10 episodes to go...and we apparently meet 2 more characters next time, which well, probably can't be introduced any worse...but I'm amazed this show is getting a season 2, and expect that's probably b/c there is SO LITTLE new tv/movie content for the $8/month on the online service, and it's easy and cheap to just keep this production going...

Obviously, we're not paying for month 2 until more tv seasons of the other shows are finished, b/c apparently those might have some better early episodes:)...

I'm actually got to read some of the older comics that are going on the service.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

...go to a library instead, tho?

Suppose could do that but dont have library membership or anything dunno. My go-to "time-waste" place is the cinema.

I would tell my parents that ive lost my job. But they go away on holiday this weekend and dont want to ruin that for them cause my mum will just worry sick about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm actually got to read some of the older comics that are going on the service.

See, I actually read them in paper form as a kid (my only child mom was a collector of all her comics, and passed them to her 6 kids to read and destroy - don't get my spouse started on how much the value was of what we ruined - I tell him 6 kids' worth of years long entertainment is quite literally priceless:)...and now I get the paper forms of the current comics as an adult.  My spouse loves reading comics online, but I can't stand it.  If I read a comic, I wanna feel the paper and have it in my hand - I know it's not rational:)...so that part of the service has no value for me:)...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, I actually read them in paper form as a kid (my only child mom was a collector of all her comics, and passed them to her 6 kids to read and destroy - don't get my spouse started on how much the value was of what we ruined - I tell him 6 kids' worth of years long entertainment is quite literally priceless:)...and now I get the paper forms of the current comics as an adult.  My spouse loves reading comics online, but I can't stand it.  If I read a comic, I wanna feel the paper and have it in my hand - I know it's not rational:)...so that part of the service has no value for me:)...

Pretty much the same with me. I have a huge collection of older comics that I collected over the years, that I like to occasionally look at. I appreciate the effort to have instant comics on an online service, but I prefer to read them in print. A lot of times I can easily get distracted, if I read something online! 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Yeah I totally get wanting to read things in print.   I have probably over 100 trade paperbacks scattered through my house.   But about a year ago I wanted to start decluttering a bit, so the digital comics help.

• Like 1

@CJohn Holy shit, SIC just announced the premiere of A Dog's Cruelty Purpose for their Sunday afternoon :ohmygod:  I have a gutfeeling that one might actually do good business.

As a matter of fact, they went batshit crazy with movie programming. They programmed movies in the mornings, afternoons and late nights of the weekend :rofl:  For Saturday, they have Wreck-It Ralph at 7AM, the original Footloose and The Tuxedo for the noon, and Fatal Attraction + Rio, I Love You for the late night; for Sunday, besides A Dog's Purpose, a Maya The Bee movie for 7AM, Eat Pray Love at noon and Magic Mike XXL at late night. Very weird set of films all around.........

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Holy shit, SIC just announced the premiere of A Dog's Cruelty Purpose for their Sunday afternoon :ohmygod:  I have a gutfeeling that one might actually do good business.

As a matter of fact, they went batshit crazy with movie programming. They programmed movies in the mornings, afternoons and late nights of the weekend :rofl:  For Saturday, they have Wreck-It Ralph at 7AM, the original Footloose and The Tuxedo for the noon, and Fatal Attraction + Rio, I Love You for the late night; for Sunday, besides A Dog's Purpose, a Maya The Bee movie for 7AM, Eat Pray Love at noon and Magic Mike XXL at late night. Very weird set of films all around.........

A Dog's Purpose is cute and family friendly. It wasn't a hit, it went mostly unnoticed here, but people probably have heard of it. I think that can pull a strong share.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

:) A Dick Grayson with no personality and charisma

Don’t call him that. Don’t insult my baby like that.😂😂😂 That Titans twink is an effing pod person. 

19 minutes ago, CJohn said:

A Dog's Purpose is cute and family friendly. It wasn't a hit, it went mostly unnoticed here, but people probably have heard of it. I think that can pull a strong share.

Being a hit in theaters I don't think really matters here :P And yeah, I agree: I think it has potential to be a big family hit. Wouldn't be shocked if it pulled a Wonder Woman and actually managed to beat Somos Portugal, which would probably gift SIC the Sunday, since one movie + Jornal das 8 probably ain't enough for kill SIC who have the mornings + primetime to themselves.

• Like 1