Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Decade+  late but I just watched SUNSHINE.  I didn't know much about this going in but wow talk about a film that completely drops the ball in the final act.  What was a genuinely thrilling, visually delightful, and relatively smart hard scifi movie turns into a really poor hide and seek slasher film where Sam Neill from Event Horizon shows up along with aggressively shitty camera angles/cuts, editing, and lens flares.  Its like this movie went through a last second rewrite with a new director midway though production for whatever reason.  Disappointing because I love space travel movies.

It's better on a second watch imo

20 minutes ago, AJG said:

Its that time of year. 

Ratings are in such a atrocious level that it isn't even fun anymore. The Big Leap tanked histerically with a 0.29 rating, but somehow Our Kind of People which premiered with a 0.35 is renewable? Jesus Christ.

15 minutes ago, CJ Sarandos said:

Ratings are in such a atrocious level that it isn't even fun anymore. The Big Leap tanked histerically with a 0.29 rating, but somehow Our Kind of People which premiered with a 0.35 is renewable? Jesus Christ.

I have no idea how the CW even operates. Apart from Flash, Supergirl, Superman and Lois, and Walker, the rest of their shows don't even come close to a 0.1 rating. Some of them are so low they dont even register on Neilsen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I have no idea how the CW even operates. Apart from Flash, Supergirl, Superman and Lois, and Walker, the rest of their shows don't even come close to a 0.1 rating. Some of them are so low they dont even register on Neilsen.

They have no shows doing 0.2 regularly which is absolutely insane. Everything is between 0.02 and 0.14. I am guessing the streamers pay for the shows so much that the episodes are on profit by the time they get to the air. Riverdale is certainly one of those, Netflix pays millions for each episode. The show is huge internationally where it gets released weekly and even in America it always gets to th top 10 when they release the new season in there.

6 minutes ago, CJ Sarandos said:

They have no shows doing 0.2 regularly which is absolutely insane. Everything is between 0.02 and 0.14. I am guessing the streamers pay for the shows so much that the episodes are on profit by the time they get to the air. Riverdale is certainly one of those, Netflix pays millions for each episode. The show is huge internationally where it gets released weekly and even in America it always gets to th top 10 when they release the new season in there.

Their Netflix deal ended IIRC. They had a deal for the past 5 years where Netflix pretty much paid production costs for all their shows which started between 2015-2020. This was also why they canceled nothing, because Netflix was footing the bill anyway.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Their Netflix deal ended IIRC. They had a deal for the past 5 years where Netflix pretty much paid production costs for all their shows which started between 2015-2020. This was also why they canceled nothing, because Netflix was footing the bill anyway.

It is not over for older shows. Netflix still gets Riverdale, Flash, Supergirl, etc. Everything until 2018 still goes to Netflix.

4 minutes ago, CJ Sarandos said:

It is not over for older shows. Netflix still gets Riverdale, Flash, Supergirl, etc. Everything until 2018 still goes to Netflix.

Supergirl is ending this season anyway, Riverdale and Flash likely end next season, way past the point of people still caring about those shows. Definitely the last hurrah for the Netflix deal. 

• Like 1

So these are the shows Disney+ have licensed internationally but haven't set dates on yet. I don't think two of these will make it. Im told Wonder Years is cute I'll watch it later. Our Kind and Big Leap are DOA imo. We might see a Rebel situation where they're premiering cancelled shows like they're new.

The Wonder Years 

Our Kind of People

Queens 

The Big Leap 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I'm a sucker for Superman and Lois and Nancy Drew - and I'll admit Nancy Drew isn't even a good show, but I read every book as a kid, and I enjoy "light" spookiness and mysteries, and it just feels like this generation's Veronica Mars to me:)...and yes, I was also a sucker for Veronica Mars (that ended way too early:)...

2 hours ago, AJG said:

A victory for those of us that feel left behind because we don't have the time to binge 8 hours of a show in a the first 2 days of release.

feeling this because everyone i know and online is talking about squid game and i probably won't start on it until next week and by then it will already be forgotten.

Law and Order is back, everyone.  

===

Man, I dunno.  Gonna be innnnteresting to see how it navigates the current political clime.  Even if all of the other Law and Order spinoffs have been able to find their niche and survive, this is the big dawg.  Gonna be a lot of daggers out for it if it missteps ever so slightly.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1