Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I mean, it’s the Bears, that’s pretty low-hanging fruit for Mr. Rodgers. 

Context:

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he saw a not-so-kind gesture from a fan at Soldier Field and then blacked out right before what is likely to become a signature moment of his football playing career.

Following a 6-yard touchdown run that helped the Packers clinch another win at Soldier Field, Rodgers said he looked into the stands and saw a Bears fan in the front row giving him two middle fingers. At that point, Rodgers screamed, “I still own you. I still own you!” to the crowd.

“Sometimes you blackout on the field, in a good way,” Rodgers said. “I looked up in the stands in the front row and all I saw was a woman giving me the double bird. I’m not sure exactly what came out of my mouth next.”

Oh, I think he knows... :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

@WrathOfHan I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear I'm in the middle of planning a big theme park family vacation over the holidays. Excited to witness what the atmosphere is like at these places during the COVID era!

I went to Halloween Horror Nights last week. There's still roughly 20% wearing masks even without requirements, but guests have been pretty good about maintaining distance compared to the summer. Disney still requires masks indoors, but I haven't been there since June. Maybe I'll go sometime soon for Ratatouille and Food and Wine.

15 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I went to Halloween Horror Nights last week. There's still roughly 20% wearing masks even without requirements, but guests have been pretty good about maintaining distance compared to the summer. Disney still requires masks indoors, but I haven't been there since June. Maybe I'll go sometime soon for Ratatouille and Food and Wine.

Universal/Islands of Adventure is mainly what the trip is for. I was just wondering if we should prepare to get hounded by a bunch of cast members asking "have you heard of this amazing new streaming service called Peacock? It has every hit movie and original show your heart desires, sign up for Peacock TODAY!" due to the corporate synergy so good to know that bullet has been dodged! (or has it?)

Edited by filmlover

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Universal/Islands of Adventure is mainly what the trip is for. I was just wondering if we should prepare to get hounded by a bunch of cast members asking "have you heard of this amazing new streaming service called Peacock? It has every hit movie and original show your heart desires, sign up for Peacock TODAY!" due to the corporate synergy so good to know that bullet has been dodged! (or has it?)

The house queues had projectors with Peacock ads, so be ready.

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This reminds me of when I went to Hollywood Studios five years ago and I dealt with the constant barrage of billboards and posters for the 2015 Muppets sitcom that nobody liked

1 hour ago, Eric Atreides said:

This reminds me of when I went to Hollywood Studios five years ago and I dealt with the constant barrage of billboards and posters for the 2015 Muppets sitcom that nobody liked

You can always expect the latest major Disney project to be all over the parks whenever they're about to be released. Last vacation at Disney World around the holidays 2017 (the one with the Matt Bomer encounter, yes) stuff for Coco (as well as Star Wars since The Last Jedi was right about to come out) was literally everywhere including a display with original artwork and stuff from the movie in the Walt Disney Presents exhibit. Which usually has costumes and props (or in the case of the animated movies, artwork) from the newest Disney-branded movies on display along with other cool historical Disney stuff that's been preserved over the decades, while also suspending the Walt Disney: One Man's Dream short in the screening room to showcase clips/promo stuff from said new movies from time to time. They had some of Stone's costumes from Cruella on display earlier this year, for example.

Edited by filmlover

4 hours ago, Menor said:

Losing by 10 counts the same as losing by 1. I will only worry if the Astros lose today. 

It's not the fact that we lost, but more so that we have no starting pitchers who are currently able to go deep. But let us pray we can get some good outings today and a chance to send it back to Houston.

• Like 1